"Finally" is a song by American recording artist Fergie, taken from her debut studio album The Dutchess. The song was written by Fergie and Stefanie Ridel, and co-written and produced by John Legend. The soul ballad features John Legend on the piano. The song was sent to radio on February 26, 2008 and released as the sixth and final single from The Dutchess on March 18.
"Finally" was written by John Stephens, Stacy Ferguson and Stefanie Ridel. Written as a pop-soul song, it is set in common time composed in a moderate tempo of 84 beats per minute, with a main key of C major with a vocal range from the tone of G3 to the note of E5.
Chart performance 
"Finally" peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart (somewhat equivalent to 101 on the Hot 100), becoming Fergie's first single to fail to make the Billboard Hot 100. "Finally" failed to debut on the Hot 100 because its sales and airplay were relatively weak. It also ended Fergie's streak of top five Hot 100 hits, as all of her previous singles had peaked at #5 or higher on the chart. It can be noted however, that "Finally" did not have a music video like Fergie's prior singles to help promote it. The song did find moderate success on the US Pop 100 and Canadian Hot 100, where it peaked at #67 and #61 respectively.
Music video 
Fergie filmed a music video for the song in March 2008 in Los Angeles with director Marc Webb. The music video shoot took place at the former Hollywood Hills home of Frank Sinatra and featured several male models from Wilhelmina Models as part of the shoot. The music video, however, was never released.
Live performances 
Fergie and Legend performed the song together at the 50th Grammy Awards. Fergie performed the track multiple times on television, most notably on 2008's Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and The Tyra Banks Show. Fergie performed the song with John Legend at the Idol Gives Back show on Wednesday, April 9, 2008. Fergie has also performed the song in an episode of Nickelodeon's "Dance on Sunset".
Credits and personnel 
- Vocals - Stacy Ferguson
- Producer - John Legend, Ron Fair
- Vocal recorders - Stefanie Ridel, Ron Fair
- Engineers - Josh Chervokas, "Angry" Mike Eleopoulus
- Mixed by - Allen Sides
- Writers - John Stephens, Stacy Ferguson and Stefanie Ridel
- Piano - John Legend
- Violins - Bruce Duvok, Natalie Leggett, Sarah Thornblade, Julie Gigante, Josefina Vergara, Tammy Hatwan, Sid Page, Katia Popov, Roberto Cani, Phillip Levy, Songa Lee, Anatoly, Rosinsky, Michele Richards, Liane Mautner, Helen Nightengale, Tiffany Hu, Becky Bunnell, Shoshana Claman
- Violas - Brian Dembow, Vicky Misckolczy, Thomas Diener, Andrew Duckles
- Cello - Larry Corbett, David Low, Suzie Katayama, Tim Loo
- Basses - Nico Abondold, Mike Valerio
Track listing 
- Digital download
- "Finally" (Radio Version) (featuring John Legend) – 3:45
Release history 
||February 26, 2008
||Top 40/Mainstream radio
||March 18, 2008
External links