Financial Information Authority (Vatican City)
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Financial Information Authority (Italian: Autorità di Informazione Finanziaria, or AIF) is an institution connected to the Holy See and a canonical and Vatican civil juridic person established by Pope Benedict XVI on 30 December 2010. Its current President is René Brülhart, the first lay person in this position.
The authority, according to the new Statute approved by Prope Francis on 15 November 2013, is the competent authority of the Holy See and the Vatican City State in charge for financial intelligence and supervision, including both anti money laundering and combating financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) and prudential supervision, of all entities carrying out professionally financial activities, as established by articles 2 and 52 of the Vatican Law n. XVIII of 8 October 2013.
On 5 June 2014, Pope Francis appointed Dr. Tommaso Di Ruzza, legal counselor of the Holy See and responsible for the legal and international matters for the authority since the beginning of its functions in 2011, as the authority's interim Vice Director and also completely replaced the members of the authority's Board. As of 5 June 2014, the Board members are: Dr. Bianca Maria Farina, managing director of the Italian insurance company Poste Vita; Dr. Marc Odendall, a financial consultant for the philanthropic sector in Switzerland; Joseph Yuvaraj Pillay, Chairman of the Board of Consultors to the President of the Republic of Singapore; and Dr. Juan Zarate, senior adviser at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C.. 
- Cardinal Attilio Nicora (2011–2014)
- Bishop Giorgio Corbellini (2014 ad interim)
- René Brülhart (since 2014)
- Apostolic Letter in the Form of a "Motu Proprio" of Benedict XVI for the Prevention and Countering of Illegal Activities in the Area of Monetary and Financial Dealings, (b)
- Apostolic Letter in the Form of a "Motu Proprio" of Benedict XVI for the Prevention and Countering of Illegal Activities in the Area of Monetary and Financial Dealings, "given" clause
- "Pope appoints new president of the finance agency". News.va. November 20, 2014. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Vatican Financial Intelligence Authority Admitted to Global Network of Financial Intelligence Units". Zenit News Agency. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Allen Jr., John L. (30 January 2014). "Francis taps reformer for financial cleanup". National Catholic Reporter. Retrieved 31 January 2014.