|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
New millennium astrological chart
Financial astrology (also known as business astrology, economic astrology, and/or astro-economics) is the practice of relating the movements of celestial bodies to events in financial markets. The use of astrology in financial markets is not consistent with standard economic or financial theory.
Financial astrology is sometimes applied in the following ways:
- Predicting major economic trends as they relate to certain cycles, specifically on the cycles of outer planets
- Helping an investor find the best industry to be in for a particular period of time based on major planetary configurations
- Identifying the best stocks to own during a particular time period
- Identifying the best date and time to buy or sell a stock
- Correlating the Astrological aspect to the movement of stock market in day trading.
Financial astrologers of note
- Evangeline Adams in 1929 predicted that the stock market would continue to rise in price. On Labor Day, September 2, she told a reporter for radio station WJZ that "the Dow Jones could climb to heaven." The next day the Dow Jones reached a record high, then fell dramatically, not reaching that level again until November 1954.
- Miller, Nathan (2004). New World Coming: The 1920s and the Making of Modern America. Da Capo Press. ISBN 0-306-81379-3. Chapter 17 Wall Street Lays an Egg p.365
- The American Experience "The Crash of 1929". The American Experience. WGBH. 2008.