|Directed by||Alex Gibney|
|Produced by||Alex Gibney
|Running time||120 minutes|
Finding Fela is a 2014 documentary film directed by Alex Gibney, portraying and analysing the life of pioneering musician Fela Kuti. The film had its world premiere at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on January 17, 2014.
A look at the life and music of Nigerian singer Fela Kuti.
Finding Fela received mixed reviews from critics. Geoffrey Berkshire of Variety, said in his review that "This watchable but rather rote chronicle fails to find a compelling perspective on Kuti's significant life and legacy." David Rooney of The Hollywood Reporter praised the film by saying that "An absorbing if not quite definitive patchwork of the life and legacy of an unorthodox artist."
- "'Finding Fela' Brings Afrobeat to Sundance". Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- "Sundance 2014: Documentary Premieres". Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- Finding Fela listing at Sundance Film Festival 2014
- "Film Review: ‘Finding Fela’". Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Finding Fela: Sundance Review". Retrieved April 14, 2014.
|This article about a music documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|