Fujifilm FinePix HS10
|Image sensor type||BSI-CMOS - IR sensitive so there is possibillity to take infrared pictures (additional filter necessary)|
|Image sensor size||10.3-megapixel 1/2.3-inch|
|Recording medium||SD and SD HC cards plus internal (~46 MB)|
|Maximum resolution||3,648 × 2,736 (9.98 MP)|
|Lens||Fixed Fujinon 30× optical zoom lens, manually actuated (no motor delay), f=4.2–126.0 mm, equivalent to 24–720 mm on a 35 mm camera|
|Flash||Hot shoe, built-in|
|Frame rate||10 frame/s|
|Shutter speeds||30 – 1/4000 s|
|F-numbers||f/2.8–11 (wide) f/5.6–11 (long)|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO 100 to 6400|
|Rear LCD monitor||240k pixel, tilts up and down, but not side to side|
|Battery||4 × AA|
|Weight||636 g (1.402 lb)|
- Weight: 636 g (1.402 lb)
- Sensor: 10.3-megapixel 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS – maximum image resolution of 3,648 × 2,736
- Sensitivity: ISO 100 to 6400 (incl. automatic mode)
- Shutter speed: 30 – 1/4000 s (extremes depending on exposure mode)
- Fujinon 30× optical zoom lens, manually actuated (no motor delay), f/2.8 (Wide) – f/5.6 (Telephoto)
- Still images: RAW (.raf) size=px size of sensor(2,048×1,536 / 3 MP-this is shown in windows explorer etc., in RAW converters it´s shown real px size) or jpeg images (3,648×2,736 / 9.98 MP), and RAW+JPG. The raf file specifications differ from earlier versions of Fuji .raf files meaning that older software can not read HS10 raw files. For example, Adobe Photoshop versions prior to CS5 cannot read the new format. The Raw converter that comes with the camera does not save in TIF file format.
- HD Video up to 1080p at 30 frame/s with stereo audio recording. Duration limited to 29 minutes or 4 GB (which comes first).
- High speed video capture with frame rates from 60 frame/s up to 1,000 frame/s, sacrificing image resolution with increased frame rates. 60 frame/s at 1,280×720, 120 frame/s at 640×480, 240 frame/s at 442×332, 480 frame/s at 224×168, 1,000 frame/s at 224×64. No sound. Highspeed movie duration limited to 30 sec.
- Movie format: Apple QuickTime MOV. H264 video codec, stereo audio track recorded through two microphones.
- Audio: Mono Wav.
- Storage: SD and SD HC cards (max. 32 GB) plus internal (~46 MB).
- Power: 4×AA battery. Either Lithium (700 frames), Alkaline (300 frames) or Ni-MH (400 frames)
- Flash Built in plus hot shoe external
- Monitor 240k pixel, LCD up and down tilt. It doesn't tilt sideways.
- Exif: ver 2.2
- Exposure compensation: −2 – +2 EV at 1/3 intervals, in P, S, A, C modes. Compensation value not displayed.
- Exposure bracketing: ±1/3 to 1 EV in P, S, A, M and C modes.
- Connections: USB 2.0, mini HDMI, A/V (NTSC and PAL)
- Lens filter mount: 58 mm
- Sweep panoramas are taken in one long exposure. Moving objects can spoil it though.
- Dynamic range: Has three settings of DR100, DR200 and DR400.
- Continuous shooting modes:
- Continuous 6 or 7 shots, with processing times from 10–30 seconds.
- Best frame capture. Which captures continuously and records up to 6 frames previous to shutter release.
- Zoom bracketing
Zoom range comparison
Up to now there are several bridge cameras have 30× optical zoom – the first one being FinePix HS10 and the second one Olympus SP-800-UZ. The digital zoom of Fujifilm FinePix HS10 is only 2×, whereas Olympus SP-800UZ has 5×. The others are Fujifilm FinePix HS20EXR and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V. Moreover longer optical zoom right now is 35× by Canon PowerShot SX30 IS. and Nikon Coolpix P500 with 36x.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fujifilm FinePix HS10.|
- Fujifilm FinePix HS10 at Fujifilm website
- Fujifilm HS20EXR at Fujifilm website – successor to HS10 and available March 2011
- Sample gallery with Fujifilm FinePix HS10 photos
- Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Review at ePHOTOzine
- Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Review at photographyblog.com
- Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Review at CNET Asia
- Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Review at CNET Reviews
- Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Review at infosyncworld.com
- Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Review at NeoCamera.com
- Fujifilm FinePix HS10 First Impressions Review at DigitalCameraInfo.com
- List of Fujifilm FinePix HS10 reviews at ZDNet
- Fujifilm Finepix HS10 Video Review (by infoSync World)