|Created by||The Foundation|
|Written by||Nic Ayling
|Directed by||Michael Kerrigan
|Presented by||Stephen Mulhern
|Opening theme||Mr Miller & Mr Porter|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||5|
|No. of episodes||120|
|Executive producer(s)||Vanessa Hill
J Nigel Pickard
|Original channel||ITV (CITV)|
|Picture format||PAL (576i, 16:9)|
|Original run||3 September 2001 – 14 December 2008|
Finger Tips is a television programme produced by RDF Media's Children's production division, The Foundation. It is made primarily for CITV and was broadcast from 3 September 2001 until 14 December 2008.
The Finger Tips presenters were Stephen Mulhern series 1-4, and Fearne Cotton series 1-3 (later replaced by Naomi Wilkinson series 4-5 and Tim Dixon series 5). The show is about creating things out of household items and aimed at a child audience. The programme manager is Wendy Larkin.
The programme is recorded at The Maidstone Studios in Kent, former home to TVS Television and countless quality children's programming.
There are different categories:
- Finger Tips Top Make: A major project, normally at the start of the show
- Food Finger Tips: Easy cooking and baking recipes
- Fun Finger Tips: Self-made games
- Little Finger Tips: Items made for making over odds and ends from around the home
- Makeover Finger Tips: Basically the same as "Little Finger Tips"- replaced it in later shows
"Top Make" and "Little" or "Make-Over Finger Tips" featured in every show, and "Fun" and "Food Tips" were usually in alternate shows. There were also more specialised categories which ran briefly.
"Fizzics Finger-Tips"- Fun science experiments "Cryptic Finger-Tips"- A special series on code-breakers "Green Finger-Tips"- Plant-related projects "Techno Finger-Tips"- Projects using a computer "Let's get Finger-Tipping" - Computer stuff
Special challenge is the One-Minute-Make. In this game one of the presenters tries to make something with only a few things in less than 60 seconds. This featured in every show, with one presenter making the project, and the other timing it, alternating in each episode.
Although the programme was de-commissioned in 2004 when ITV axed children's programming, it has been brought back to life for 2008 and a new series of 30 programmes were transmit from September to December 2008.
Finger Tips also is on Super RTL.
- Series 1: 13 x 17′ (September 3, 2001- November 26, 2001)
- Series 2: 20 x 15’ / 7 x 10’ / 3 x 5’ (September 2, 2002- September 27, 2002)
- Series 3: 20 x 15’ / 5 x 12’ (June 2, 2003- June 27, 2003)
- Series 4: 13 x 15’ / 7 x 5’ (June 10, 2004- September 2, 2004)
- Series 5: 30 x 15’ / 30 x 11’ (September 6, 2008- December 14, 2008)
- Series 6: 25 x 15' / 15 x 18' (March 13, 2010- ?)
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|