16 July 1968 |
Ipecac Recordings & Turn Left
Finn Guttormsen (born 16 July 1968 in Mosjøen, Norway) is a Norwegian Jazz musician (upright bass), known for his dedicated contributions to the Farmers Market and recently to the Silje Nergaard Band, and musicians like Trygve Seim, Øyvind Brække, Per Oddvar Johansen, Håkon Storm-Mathisen, Jarle Vespestad, Hans Mathisen, Arve Henriksen.
Guttormsen is a graduate of the jazz program at Trondheim Musikkonservatorium (1990). He was first recognized as bassist in the Farmers Market, where he has contributed since the start in 1991. He has also been a member of bands like The Source (1995–2005) and Airamero, and has played within Hemisfair. In recent years he has also contributed within Håkon Storm-Mathisen Quartet and Silje Nergaard Band.
Within The Farmers Market
- 1995: Speed / Balkan / Boogie
- 1997: Musikk fra Hybridene (Music from the Hybrids) (Kirkelig Kulturverksted)
- 2000: Farmers Market (Kirkelig Kulturverksted)
- 2008: Surfin' USSR (Ipecac Recordings)
- 2012: Slav to the Rhythm (Division Records)
With other projects
- 1996: Letters (Turn Left), with Håvard Lund
- 1997: Timbuktu (Turn Left), within Quaternion (including Jarle Vespestad, Hans Mathisen & Arve Henriksen
- 2002: The Source And Different Cikadas (ECM Records), with Trygve Seim, Øyvind Brække & Per Oddvar Johansen
- 2007: Darkness Out of Blue (EmArcy), Within The Silje Nergaard Band
- "Jazzlinja". NTNU.no. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Kelman, John (15 May 2012). "Farmers Market: Slav to the Rhythm – Review". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Trygve Seim, Øyvind Brække, Per Oddvar Johansen – The Source and Different Cikadas". ECM Records. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Finn Guttormsen Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- Finn Guttormsen Biography on Farmers Market official website
|This Norwegian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|