Fiona Bruce (politician)
|Fiona Claire Bruce
|Member of Parliament
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Lady Winterton|
26 March 1957 |
Wick, Highland, Scotland
|Children||Samuel Bruce and Daniel Bruce|
She was admitted as a solicitor in 1981, and has been senior partner of the firm she founded, Fiona Bruce & Co, since its creation in 1988.
She was elected in 2004 to Warrington Borough Council, on which she served as the executive member for finance from 2006-2009. She stepped down from the council on her election to Parliament in 2010.
Following her selection as the Conservative Party candidate for the constituency, she denied that she had been chosen as a result of an orchestrated campaign by religious groups sympathetic to her evangelical Christian beliefs.
She has been a member of the Scottish Affairs Select Committee since 2010.
- "Who's Who". Ukwhoswho.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- BBC Election 2010
- "Christian Tories rewrite party doctrine". The Financial Times. Retrieved 28 March 2011..
- "Fiona Bruce". parliament.uk. 2010-05-06. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- *Who is on the A-list? at conservativehome web site
- Conservative A-List and selections dated 4th Jun 2006 at colin-ross.org.uk
- Fiona Bruce MP official constituency website
- Fiona Bruce MP Conservative Party profile
- Congleton Conservatives
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Congleton