|Headquarters||Jacksonville, Florida, USA|
|Key people||Robin Sorensen, Chris Sorensen, Don Fox|
|Products||Submarine sandwiches, Hot subs|
Firehouse Subs is a US-based, fast casual restaurant chain that specializes in hot subs. Founded in 1994 in Jacksonville, Florida by former firefighter brothers Robin and Chris Sorensen, Firehouse Subs serves sandwiches with meats and cheeses, "steamed" hot and placed on a toasted sub roll. Locations offer a family-oriented atmosphere, with a firefighter theme that includes fire equipment throughout the store and a menu that features sandwiches with themed names. They offer hot sauces in a range of intensities. Pictures mounted on the walls highlight local firefighting history, as well as the founders' history of firefighting service.
The Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization, was created in 2005. It provides funding and support for local firefighters.
On August 3, 2011 a company press release stated that they were placing the Coca-Cola Freestyle beverage dispenser in all their stores after a six-month test at the 25 restaurants in the Jacksonville market. Firehouse is the first national franchise chain to utilize the new technology in all franchises.
- Harry Wessel (2005-04-25). "Sub shops battle for business.". The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Florida).
- Nancy Dearing Rossbacher and Stephen W. Sylvia (2007-03-29). "Restaurant flaunts firefighter-themed decor". The Free Lance-Star.
- Alison Trinidad (2006-11-15). "Firehouse Subs earns company of the year award.". Florida Times-Union (Jacksonville, FL).
- Katharine Kim and Annika Stensson (2006-09-11). "National Restaurant Association Recognizes Firehouse Subs with Restaurant Neighbor Award for Hurricane Relief Efforts." (Press release). National Restaurant Association.
- Alison Trinidad (2006-03-27). "Humanitarianism through sandwiches". Florida Times-Union (Jacksonville, FL).
- Mark Chediak (2006-01-30). "Firehouse Subs to roll out at least 100 new shops.". The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Florida).
- Mills, Gary: "Firehouse Subs will be first national chain to use Coca-Cola Freestyle at all locations" Florida Times-Union, August 4, 2011
- "Our Story". Firehouse Subs. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Roger Bull (April 10, 2013). "Firehouse Subs sales grew $100 million in 2012". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Article: Firehouse Subs to roll out at least 100 new shops.(Company Profile) | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy
Further reading 
- Andrea Jares (2004-09-25). "Florida-based Firehouse Subs chain wants to open 100 in Dallas-Fort Worth area". Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Fort Worth, Texas).
- Clarey, Brian (2007-03-14). "It's hot and cold in the Firehouse". Yes! Weekly.
- James, Emma (2007-03-07). "Firehouse Sub CEO connects with owners". Hattiesburg American.
- Aanerud, Chris (2007-03-08). "Firehouse Subs -- The five-dollar fire drill". Orlando CityBeat.
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|