Firehouse Tales is an animated television series, produced by Warner Bros. Animation, which premiered on Cartoon Network's Tickle-U preschool television programming block in the United States on August 22, 2005. It is about three anthropomorphic fire trucks.
- Red - A red Firetruck and the main character in the show who never gives up. He loves nature and the outdoors but most of all he loves making new friends. Sometimes he is the leader of the firetruck team and is very cheerful and happy and is never glum, down and low. Voiced by Jesse Moss.
- Crabby - A yellow firetruck who sometimes complains about his job and who likes the "great indoors" better than the outdoors but enjoys the outdoors sometimes and can be very grumpy sometimes but happy. Voiced by Richard Ian Cox.
- Petrol - An orange firetruck who is sometimes afraid but manages to find the courage inside himself. Voiced by Michael Adamthwaite.
- Chief - The blue firetruck who is the leader of the junior firetrucks (Red, Crabby, and Petrol). He tells them exactly what to do at any given time. He sometimes put Red in charge of the team and sometimes leads the team when ever an emergency . Voiced by Ron Halder.
- Mayor Phyllis West - The Mayor of green meadows county and usually the only human to talk in the show. She usually complains about something that one of the firetrucks or a normal vehicle did but is sometimes fussy and cross and annoyed with what Red & friends do wrong. Voiced by Ellen Kennedy.
- Stinky - The green Garbage truck of Green Meadows. He is used to his own stench but sometimes takes a bath, resulting in pollution that has to be cleaned up by the firetrucks he first went to swim into a lake but accidentally got it all green and covered in garbage all over in stinky's smelly bath. Voiced by Dave 'Squatch' Ward.
- Snooty-Tootie - A Limo who cariies the mayor around green Meadows. He once taught the junior firetrucks manners but is very snooty and important. Voiced by Colin Murdock.
- Spinner - A Helicopter who often doesn't take his job seriously and is the class clown and completely annoys Crabby. Voiced by David Kaye.
- Scoop - a Seaplane who carries water which she can use to douse fires. Voiced by Kathleen Barr.
- Bubba - a Bulldozer who Works outside the Firehouse and is friends with Red. Voiced by Blu Mankuma.
- Tech - a Robot Mechanic a-like Who Works & fixes the firetrucks whenever they brake down. Voiced by Colin Murdock.
- Squirt - a Dalmatian Dog Who Likes Bones.
- Ring a Ling a Bell Who rings for an emergency. Voiced by Matt Hill.
- Chad a Microphone Who Calls for a Duty and tells the firetrucks where the fire is. Voiced by Kathleen Barr
- Milkie a Ice Cream Truck Who Likes To Give Ice Cream to the Children and is Red's friend who apperead in many episodes. Voiced by Alex Ferris.
- Wiser a Tow Truck with a Nozzle Who can Lift and Help People From Fire who first appeared in older but wiser. Voiced by French Tickner.
- Tug a Fire Boat Who Was Ready To rescue. Voiced by Michael Dobson
- Bulky a Blimp Who Decerated From Halloween who apperead in spinner spins a tale & hoppin hoses. Voiced by Colin Murdock
- Zoe a Tow Truck Who likes Helping Other Cars and has a secret crush on Crabby. Voiced by Kathleen Barr
- Pumpee a Gas pump Who refuels the Jr. Fire Trucks. Voiced by Kathleen Barr
- Lorrie a Land Rover Who Lives in the Beach and is petrol's old friend who first appeared in The Lorrie Story. Voiced by Tabitha St. Germain
- Newsie a News Truck. Who Likes Filming First appeared in Trucks on T.V. Voiced by Scott McNeil
Additional Voices (United Kingdom)
- Paul Dobson
- Trevor Devall
- Richard Newman (special guest star)
- Doron Bell Jr
- Michael Daingerfield (Narrator)
- Michael Donovan
- Sarah Edmondson
- Ellie Harvie
- Jocelyne Loewen
- Gabe Khouth
- Samuel Vincent
- Garry Chalk
- Jane Mortifee
- Susan Silo
- Ian James Corlett
- Terry Klassen
- Cathy Weseluck
- Nicole Oliver
- Dale Wilson
- Ronnie Corbett
Additional Voices (United States)
- Tom Kenny
- Bill Faggerbakke
- Liliana Mumy
- Whoppi Goldberg
- Louise Vallance
- Mark Oliver
- Nicole Bouma
- Alberto Ghisi
- Brian Drummond
- Kelly Sheridan
- Brian Dobson
- Russell Roberts
- Reece Thompson
- Mark Hildreth
- Louis Chirillo
- Pam Hyatt
- Phil Hayes
- Alvin Sanders
- Ty Olsson
- Neil Ross
- Danny McKinnon
- Noel Callahan
- Janyse Jaud
Firehouse Tales - FHT was originally produced by Firehouse Productions, LLC as a 22 minute(2x 11) pilot, created and developed by animation producer Sid Bailey and animation director Jim L Clark. The program was sold to Warner Brothers in 2004. Following the sale to Warner Brothers, the program was redeveloped as a CG program composited over 2D backgrounds - 26x half hours were subsequently produced by Warner Brothers and aired on Cartoon Network worldwide.
The original pilot episode, which never aired publicly, was created as practical miniature sets with computer generated(CG) facial expressions added in post production. The original Firehouse Tales cast were: "Pete", "Lakie", "Tip, "Wiser" "Chief McSpeed" and the fire station Dalmatian "Squirt".
Firehouse Tales ancillary products were produced by Bandai (toys), Simon & Schuster (books) and Scholastic (books). Episodes Super Truck- Red gains superpowers after he has an accident. The little red fire truck (who now calls himself Super Truck) continues to help others around the town with his new superpowers. But his new abilities soon wear off, but he is able to regain them after Petrol accidentally gets Crabby into trouble on a cliff. After rescuing his friend, Red becomes a hero and begins to realize that you don't need super powers to be a superhero.