|Town of Firestone, Colorado|
The Firestone Town Hall.
|Motto: “A Community In Motion”|
Location in Weld County and the state of Colorado
|Incorporated (town)||October 8, 1908|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Mayor||Paul Sorensen|
|• Total||10.4 sq mi (26.9 km2)|
|Elevation||4,970 ft (1,515 m)|
|• Density||978.5/sq mi (377.2/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|ZIP codes||80504, 80520 (PO Box)|
|Area code(s)||303, 720|
|GNIS feature ID||0180841|
|Website|| Town of Firestone website|
Firestone is located at  or about 30 miles north of Denver.(40.131295, -104.935990),
According to the United States Census Bureau in 2010, the town has a total area of 10.4 square miles (27 km2).
As of the census of 2010, there were 10,147 people and 3,134 households in the town. The population density was 978.5 people per square mile (377.2/km²). There were 3,499 housing units at an average density of 337.4 per square mile (130/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 87.8% White, 0.7% African American, 0.8% Native American, 1.4% Asian, <0.1% Pacific Islander, and 3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 16.2% of the population.
There were 621 households in 2000 out of which 44.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 67.8% were married couples living together, 10.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.0% were non-families. 13.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.07 and the average family size was 3.41.
In the town the population was spread out with 31.7% under the age of 18, 7.8% from 18 to 24, 34.6% from 25 to 44, 21.4% from 45 to 64, and 4.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 96.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.3 males.
In 2000, the median income for a household in the town was $55,313, and the median income for a family was $59,219. Males had a median income of $37,230 versus $30,147 for females. The per capita income for the town was $20,428. About 4.7% of families and 7.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.9% of those under age 18 and 9.9% of those age 65 or over.
Points of interest
Firestone has over thirty-five parks and twelve miles of scenic trail, and the Firestone/Legacy Trail is over twelve miles long located where the old rail road tracks were, that serviced the coal industry, for much of the trail.
- Eric Uptagrafft (born 1966), sport shooter
- Colorado municipalities
- Denver-Aurora-Boulder Combined Statistical Area
- Front Range Urban Corridor
- Greeley Metropolitan Statistical Area
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- http://www.firestoneco.gov/index.aspx?nid=305. Missing or empty
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile for Firestone, Colorado". ePodunk. Retrieved 2010-06-16.
- "Firestone, Colorado". City-Data.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.