From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Firewalls)
Firewall may refer to:
- Firewall (construction), a barrier inside a building or vehicle, designed to limit the spread of fire, heat and structural collapse
- Firewall (automobile), the part of the vehicle that separates the engine from the driver and passengers
- Firewall (computing), a technological barrier designed to prevent unauthorized or unwanted communications between computer networks or hosts
- Personal firewall, often called a "firewall", is a very popular form of firewall designed to protect personal computers
- Firewall (physics), a blast of Hawking radiation seen by a freely falling observer upon crossing the horizon of a black hole
It may also refer to:
- Firewall, the alias of Lange (musician) (born 1974)
- Firewall (film), a 2006 thriller film written by Joe Forte, starring Harrison Ford
- Firewall (Henning Mankell novel), a 1998 novel by Henning Mankell, featuring Kurt Wallander
- Firewall (Andy McNab novel), a Nick Stone adventure
- Firewall (G.I. Joe), a fictional character in the G.I. Joe universe
- Firewall, a song by Steve Vai off his Real Illusions: Reflections album
- Chinese wall, a zone of non-communication between distinct sections of a business, in order to prevent conflicts of interest
- Great Firewall, China's internet censorship firewall
- The Alberta Agenda, also known as the Alberta Firewall, a political proposal for the Canadian province
- An episode of the computer animated series ReBoot titled Firewall
- A wall inside a kiln, made from fire brick or other refractory furniture that reflects flames from a burner .
- Anonymous web browsing, browsing the World Wide Web while hiding the user's IP address and any other personally identifiable information from the websites that one is visiting
- Wall of Fire (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.