First Post (India)
FirstPost (India) is an Indian news organization affiliated to the British online news magazine The First Post. The Indian news operations are part of the Raghav Bahl owned Network 18 media conglomerate, which also runs CNN-IBN and CNBC-TV18.
In May 2013, the news group was merged with Forbes (India) whose four top editorial heads including editor in chief Indrajit Gupta were dismissed under surprisingly humiliating conditions. The event led to a media furore.
The editor of the combined FirstPost-Forbes India team, R. Jagannathan , stated that as a business magazine, Forbes "should not be anti-capitalism"; this is viewed in the Indian media as a possible shift towards right-wing politics.
- "About Network 18". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Reliance enters media by opening pursestrings for Network18 - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/news-archive/web/reliance-enters-media-by-opening-pursestrings-for-network18/#sthash.o4txIPJ7.dpuf". The Indian Express. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "‘Forbes India’ editors sacked for demanding stock ownership". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Why Forbes' editors in India were sacked". rediff business. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "No country for good journalists?". Business Standard. 2013-11-16. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- BHATIA. "The Network Effect". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
|This journalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about mass media in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|