First Underground Nuclear Kitchen
|First Underground Nuclear Kitchen|
|Studio album by Glenn Hughes|
|Released||May 9, 2008|
|Glenn Hughes chronology|
First Underground Nuclear Kitchen is a studio album by former Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Trapeze vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes. It is his twelfth solo studio album and was released in 2008 on Frontiers Records.
First Underground Nuclear Kitchen, the follow-up to 2006’s Music for the Divine contains more soulful funk style music than his more hard rock infused earlier records and it continues where Music for the Divine stops.
The album again features Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith on the entirety of the record and regular guitarist JJ Marsh on only 2 songs, a new guitar player Luis Carlos Maldonado, best known for his work with John Waite, is introduced here who co-wrote five of the songs with Hughes. Other performances come from George Nastos on guitar and Anders Olinder and Ed Roth on keyboards.
First Underground Nuclear Kitchen was mixed by Jono Brown and Glenn Hughes.
A Promotional video was shot for the song "Love Communion", the video was included on the European version of the album as an enhanced track.
First Underground Nuclear Kitchen entered the UK indie charts at No. 24
- "Crave" – 4:20 (Hughes)
- "First Underground Nuclear Kitchen" – 3:46 (Hughes, Maldonado)
- "Satellite" – 4:34 (Hughes)
- "Love Communion" – 4:46 (Hughes, Maldonado)
- "We Shall Be Free" – 5:42 (Hughes, Maldonado)
- "Imperfection" – 4:50 (Hughes)
- "Never Say Never" – 5:08 (Hughes, Maldonado)
- "We Go 2 War" – 3:50 (Hughes, Maldonado)
- "Oil and Water" – 4:04 (Hughes)
- "Too Late to Save the World" – 6:22 (Hughes)
- "Where There´s a Will" – 4:27 (Hughes)
Japan Bonus Track
- "Imperfection (acoustic "love mix")" – 4:54 (Hughes)
- Glenn Hughes – Vocals/ Acoustic Guitar/ Bass/ Electric Funk Guitar
- Chad Smith – Drums / Percussion
- Luis Carlos Maldonado – Electric Guitars / Acoustic Guitars
- JJ Marsh – Electric Guitars on track 9 + 10
- George Nastos – Guitars on track 7 + 8
- Anders Olinder – Keyboards
- Ed Roth – Keyboards on track 2 + 7 / Fender RhodesPiano on track 4
- Ana Lenchantin – Cello on track 6