Fish & Richardson
|Fish & Richardson|
|No. of offices||12|
|No. of attorneys||350+|
|Major practice areas||Patent, Trademark, Copyright, IP Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Regulatory|
|Key people||Peter Devlin (President)|
|Company type||Professional Corporation|
Fish & Richardson P.C. is the 109th largest law firm in the United States. specializing primarily in intellectual property law. Its staff includes over 350 attorneys, of which 96 percent are dedicated to intellectual property law. Fish is one of the most sought-after firms for both patent prosecution and patent litigation services among Fortune 100 companies. From 2004 to 2011, Corporate Counsel has ranked Fish as the nation’s top patent litigation firm. In January 2010, Fish was a finalist for American Lawyer’s “Top IP Litigation Department of the Year”. Fish’s patent prosecution practice received a top “Tier 1” U.S. ranking by Managing Intellectual Property magazine. The firm’s growing regulatory group advises clients seeking to market products subject to United States Federal Communications Commission and the Food and Drug Administration regulation.
- Fish & Richardson named #1 Patent Litigation Firm (Corporate Counsel, 2004–2012)
- Fish & Richardson named Patent Law Firm of the Year (2011 US News Media Group and Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms survey)
- Fish & Richardson recipient of "Tier 1" rankings in Litigation-Intellectual Property, Litigation-Patent, Technology Law, and Trademark Law (2011 US News Media Group and Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms survey)
- Fish & Richardson named to Top IP Law Firm representing America's largest Corporations(2011 Corporate Counsel)
- Fish & Richardson named #1 summer associate program, ranked #10 as the "Best Law Firm to Work For," and ranked #1 IP and IP litigation firm (2011 Vault)
- Fish & Richardson receives Top 2011 "Band 1" rankings in intellectual property and international trade (2011-2012 Chambers USA) 
- Fish & Richardson receives top Tier 1 national ranking in intellectual property - Patent Prosecution (2011-2012 The Legal 500) 
- Fish & Richardson ranked 36th on AmLaw Diversity Scorecard (2011 AmLaw) 
- Fish & Richardson named a Top Trademark Law Firm (2011-2012 World Trademark Review) 
- Fish & Richardson Ranked as a Top 100 Law Firm for Diversity (2011 MultiCultural Law Magazine)
- Fish & Richardson named Top "Tier 1" National Rankings in Patent Prosecution, Patent Litigation, Litigation, Life Sciences, and International Trade Commission (January 2011 – 2012 Managing Intellectual Property) 
- Fish & Richardson named International Trade Group of the Year (January 2011 Law360) 
- Fish & Richardson named Top 30 Game Law Firm (January 2011 Interactive Age) 
- Fish & Richardson named Top Patent Prosecution Firm (February 2010, Managing Intellectual Property Magazine)
- Fish & Richardson named IP Firm of the Year (January 2010, Law 360)
- Fish & Richardson Named Finalist – Litigation Department of the Year(January 2010, The American Lawyer)
- Frederick Perry Fish, Founder of the firm and president of American Telephone & Telegraph Corporation from 1901 to 1907.
- New York
- Silicon Valley
- Southern California
- Twin Cities
- Washington, D.C.
Industry Sectors: Academic Research and Medical Centers, Aerospace/Defense, Biotech/Pharma, Chemicals, Cleantech, Consumer Products, Electrical/Computer Technology, Energy, Financial/Business Services, Internet, Manufacturing, Medical Devices, Nanotechnology, New Media and Entertainment, Start-up/Emerging Growth, Telecommunications, Transportation
- List of largest U.S. law firms by number of lawyers
- "IP Attorneys Dominate At Fish & Richardson". 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
...Fish & Richardson dedicates 96 percent of its attorneys to IP work and stands far above runner-up Howrey LLP, which devotes...'
- "Who Protects Innovation in America 2009: The Guardians". 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
...With eight and six mentions, respectively, two of the top litigation firms—Fish & Richardson and IP Litigation Department of the Year winner Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver & Hedges (see "What Rhymes with Win?" page 26) had four clients between the tech and telecom sectors. ...'
- "The 2011 Patent Litigation Survey". November 29, 2011. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
...For instance, Fish & Richardson, which took top honors for the eighth year in a row, handled 128 cases in 2010, compared to 99 last year—a 29 percent increase....'
- "Winners & Finalists". 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
...Finalists - Fish & Richardson....'
- "Managing Intellectual Property World IP Survey". 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- Corporate Counsel (November 2013). "The 2013 Patent Litigation Survey".
- US News - Best Lawyers (2011). "Best Law Firms".
- Corporate Counsel (2011). "Corporate Counsel".
- Vault (2011). "Law Firm Rankings - 2012 Vault Law 100".
- Chambers and Partners (2011). "The World's Leading Lawyers".
- The Legal 500 (2011). " "Patent prosecution: utility and design patents".
- Law.com (2011). "Diversity Scorecard 2011".
- World Trademark Review (2011). "WTR 1000".
- Managing Intellectual Property (27 January 2011). "Patent Survey: Americas".
- Law360 (31 January 2011). "International Trade Group of the Year: Fish & Richardson".
- Morning Star (26 January 2011). "Fish & Richardson Named "Top 30 Game Law Firm" by Interactive Age".
- Managing Intellectual Property. "Survey 2010: 2010 World IP Survey Rankings". Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "IP Firms of The Year". Law 360. 1 January 2010.
- "Winners and Finalists". All the results in our fifth biennial Litigation Department of the Year competition. 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
... Finalists Fish & Richardson, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, Winston & Strawn...'
- Staff report (November 7, 1930). Frederick P. Fish, Noted Lawyer, Dies; Was President of American Telephone and Telegraph Co. for Many Years. An Overseer of Harvard. Also a Leading Member of Massachusetts "Tech's" Board and a Bank Director. New York Times