Fish Out of Water (film)
|Fish Out of Water|
|Directed by||Ky Dickens|
|Produced by||Ky Dickens
|Music by||Kaki King|
|Distributed by||First Run Features|
|Running time||60 minutes|
Fish Out of Water is a 2009 documentary film by director Ky Dickens. The film showcases the seven Bible verses that are most often used to condemn homosexuality and same-sex marriage. Dickens talked with ministers on both sides of the debate surrounding homosexuality and the Bible for the film.
Awards and recognition
- Documentary centerpiece - Reeling Lesbian and Gay International Film Festival for 2009
- Audience Choice runner-up - Wichita's Tall Grass Film Festival
- Jury Prize for Best Documentary - Show Me Social Justice Film Festival
- Best Festival Release with a Lesbian Character runner up - After Ellen Visibility Award
- "Dickens revisits Vanderbilt to screen debut film". Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- The Scriptures on sexuality. Chicago Sun Times. 6 November 2009.
- "Religious experience". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Chicago filmmaker focuses on gays and the Bible". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Reeling Film Fest 2009 Reeling in the 'Fish'". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "UCM Gallery's visiting lectures series hosts filmmaker Ky Dickens". Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- "The Wingnuts Had a Point". Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- "The AfterEllen.com 2009 Visibility Awards". Retrieved 21 May 2011.