|Elevation||722 ft (220 m)|
|Area||1.29 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- land||1.29 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||1,660.4 / sq mi (641 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Fisher, Illinois|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2012)|
Fisher is located at (40.315817, -88.348601).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 1.29 square miles (3.3 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,647 people, 630 households, and 469 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,660.4 people per square mile (642.3/km²). There were 667 housing units at an average density of 672.4 per square mile (260.1/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 98.85% White, 0.24% Native American, 0.18% from other races, and 0.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.30% of the population.
There were 630 households out of which 37.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.1% were married couples living together, 8.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.4% were non-families. 21.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.61 and the average family size was 3.06.
In the village the population was spread out with 28.7% under the age of 18, 7.0% from 18 to 24, 30.3% from 25 to 44, 20.0% from 45 to 64, and 14.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 97.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.7 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $41,891, and the median income for a family was $50,050. Males had a median income of $33,125 versus $21,167 for females. The per capita income for the village was $18,262. About 3.7% of families and 3.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.8% of those under age 18 and 1.0% of those age 65 or over.
The community is served by the Fisher Community Unit School District. The public schools are Fisher Grade School  [kindergarten through sixth grade]  and the Fisher Junior/Senior High School, whose mascot is the Fisher "Bunnie."  The Bunnies offer six girls' sports, seven boys' sports and two co-ed sports at the senior high-school level  and six competitive sports for junior-high students.
- Community Profile for Fisher, IL
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- http://fisherbunnies.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=668&Itemid=30. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- http://fisherbunnies.us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=106. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- http://fisherbunnies.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- http://www.fisher.k12.il.us/webpage/ath.web/FRONTPAGE.htm. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- http://fisherbunnies.us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=116. Retrieved 2012-03-22.