Fist City (album)
|Studio album by Loretta Lynn|
|Loretta Lynn chronology|
Fist City is a 1968 studio album by American country singer-songwriter, Loretta Lynn.
This was Lynn's eleventh studio album as a solo artist and was released by Decca Records. The album spawned two singles. The first single, "What Kind of a Girl (Do You Think I Am)" was released in late 1967 and became a Top 5 Country hit. The second single was the title track, about a real-life incident Lynn experienced that peaked at #1 in 1968 and became Lynn's second #1 hit on the Billboard Country Chart. Unlike Lynn's other albums, this album included 11 tracks, unlike her previous albums that included 12. Lynn covers a few Country hits by other artists in this album including, "Jackson Ain't a Very Big Town" by Norma Jean, "A Satisfied Mind" by Jean Shepard, and "I Don't Wanna Play House" by Tammy Wynette. The album also has compositions Lynn wrote herself. Five of the songs were either written or co-written by Lynn, making this album to have the most Lynn ever wrote for an album up to that point.
The album was released in early 1968, and became Lynn's second album to top the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. The album did not chart the Billboard 200. The cover of this album was later used on Lynn's 2005 compilation album, The Definitive Collection, which included the title track from this album.
- "Fist City" - (Lynn)
- "Jackson Ain't a Very Big Town" - (Vic McAlphin)
- "You Didn't Like My Lovin'" - (Joe "Red" Hayes, Lynn, Teddy Wilburn)
- "I've Got Texas In My Heart" - (Mildred Burk, Rose Burk)
- "You Never Were Mine" - (Jay Lee Webb)
- "Somebody's Back In Town" - (Lynn, Doyle Wilburn, Teddy Wilburn)
- "A Satisfied Mind" - (Joe "Red" Hayes, Jack Rhodes)
- "How Long Will It Take" - (Warren McPherson)
- "I Don't Wanna Play House" - (Billy Sherrill, Glenn Sutton)
- "I'm Shootin' for Tomorrow" - (Lynn)
- "What Kind of a Girl (Do You Think I Am)" - (Lynn, Teddy Wilburn)
Album – Billboard (North America)
Singles - Billboard (North America)
|1967||"What Kind of a Girl (Do You Think I Am)"||Country Singles||5|
|1968||"Fist City"||Country Singles||1|