From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fit, Fit, or FIT in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fit or FIT may refer to:
As a word
Fit may refer to:
- Physical fitness, how well a person is suited for physical tasks
- FitTV, cable television network about physical fitness
- Wii Fit, Nintendo Wii video game about physical fitness
- Fitness (biology), how capable a being is at passing on its genes
- Physical attractiveness, in British, Irish or Canadian slang, usually with sexual connotations, generally used to describe an attractive man or woman
- FIT magazine, about physical fitness, published by Bob Anderson (runner)
- A colloquial term for an epileptic seizure
- Direction of fit, the mind-world relation in philosophy of mind
- Honda Fit (also known as Honda Jazz), a 5-door hatchback car
- Engineering fit, a classification system for the mating of two mechanical components
- Curve fitting
- Fit, in time management
- Direction of fit, the word-world relation in speech act theory
- Fit, or Fytte, a canto, a section or part of a poem
- Fit, another term for a seizure or convulsion
- Fit, another term for a tantrum
- Fit, British slang word for attractive
- Fit (2008 play)
- Fit, In the card game of Contract Bridge, when one side of the partnership holds eight or more cards in a suit, it is known as a fit.
- Fit, in Sri Lanka, is used to signify agreement to a plan of action. Is an informal term, but is common in corporate culture.
As an acronym
FIT may refer to:
- Failures in time, a unit rate of failure, used in reliability engineering
- Feature integration theory, a theory to explain visual attention
- Feed-in tariff, referred to solar electricity energy financial incentives
- Finite integration technique, a numerical method for simulating electro-magnetical problems
- First isomorphism theorem, that describe the relationship between quotients, homomorphisms, and subobjects (mathematics)
- Five intersecting tetrahedra, a compound solid shape
- Flight interception trap, a method used for trapping flying insects
- Flow Indicator Transmitter (see Flow measurement), abbreviation used in piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Frame Interline Transfer, a type of CCD (charge-coupled device) imager
- Framework for Integrated Test, an open-source software tool for automated customer tests
- Filton Abbey Wood railway station has National Rail code FIT
- Foreign Independent Traveller, a concept used in the tourism and transportation industry
- Fecal Immunochemical Testing, a type of Fecal occult blood test
- Uden aka Chappie aka the Ultimate Fittie aka UltraMegaSafe
- Fashion Institute of Technology, a specialized American college, part of the State University of New York, in Manhattan
- Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs (International Federation of Translators), a global umbrella organization of national translators' and interpreters' associations
- Federation of International Touch, the governing body of a version of touch rugby football
- Fields In Trust, the operating name of the National Playing Fields Association in the UK
- Florida Institute of Technology, an American engineering and technological university located in Melbourne, Florida
- Forever In Terror, a heavy metal band from Streetsboro, Ohio
- Forward Intelligence Team, a UK Police unit for dealing with Public Order matters
- Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology, a German institute operated by the Fraunhofer Society
- Freudenberg IT, an international solution provider that offers consulting and outsourcing services.
- Frente de la Izquierda y de los Trabajadores, the Workers' Left Front in Argentina
- All pages beginning with "Fit"
- All pages with titles containing "Fit"
- Fitness (disambiguation)
- Fit-fit, Eritrean/Ethiopian food dish
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fit.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.