Fitz Coleman is a track and field athletics coach, specializing in hurdling events. He is currently the technical director and head coach of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) recognised High Performance Training Centre in Kingston, Jamaica which is responsible for training the country's track athletes. He is also, along with Glen Mills, part of the coaching team for Usain Bolt and the Jamaican Olympic track team. He received a person of the year award from The Jamaica Gleaner in recognition of his contributions to Sport in Jamaica. Other sprinters he has coached include 400 metres Commonwealth Games medallist Jermaine Gonzales.
- Clark, Matthew (27 June 2008). "How tiny Jamaica develops so many champion sprinters". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 2008-12-16.[dead link]
- "Development: HPTC Jamaica". IAAF. 17 July 2003. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- Mackay, Duncan (17 August 2007). "Olympics: 30-year plan secret of Jamaica success". The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- "The Gleaner Salutes Excellence". The Jamaica Gleaner. 28 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
- "Jamaica’s track & field coaches get Top Award". JAAA. 27 November 2006. Retrieved 2008-12-16.
|This biographical article relating to Jamaican athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|