Fitzroy or FitzRoy is an Anglo-Norman name originally meaning "son of the king". In several cases, this surname was used by an illegitimate son of a king and is still borne by his descendants. It may refer to:
As a given name
- Henry FitzRoy Somerset, Marquess of Worcester (born 1952), son of David Robert Somerset, 11th Duke of Beaufort
- FitzRoy Somerset, 1st Baron Raglan (born 1788) was the eighth and youngest son of Henry Somerset, 5th Duke of Beaufort, by Elizabeth, daughter of Admiral the Hon. Edward Boscawen.
- Fitzroy Alexander (Born 1926) Better known as Lord Melody, a popular calypsonian from Trinidad.
As a surname
Descendants of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Lady Anne Fitzroy, Countess of Sussex (1661–1722), daughter of King Charles II of England and Barbara Palmer, 1st Duchess of Cleveland
- Charles FitzRoy, 2nd Duke of Cleveland (1662–1730), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton (1663–1690), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- George FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Northumberland (1665–1716), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Lady Barbara FitzRoy (1672–1731), youngest daughter of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Charles FitzRoy, 2nd Duke of Grafton (1683–1757), Irish and English politician
- Augustus FitzRoy, 3rd Duke of Grafton (1735–1811), British Prime Minister
- Charles Augustus FitzRoy (1796–1858), British military officer and Governor of New South Wales
- Robert FitzRoy (1805–1865), British naval officer, captain of HMS Beagle, meteorologist, surveyor, hydrographer, and Governor of New Zealand
- Matilda FitzRoy, Duchess of Brittany, illegitimate daughter of Henry I of England by unnamed mistress
- Matilda FitzRoy, Countess of Perche (died in 1120), illegitimate daughter of Henry I of England by Edith
- Matilda FitzRoy, Abbess of Montvilliers (ca 1102 - ca 1172), daughter of Henry I of England and Isabel de Beaumont
- Richard FitzRoy (c. 1190 – June 1246), son of John Lackland, King of England
- Adam FitzRoy (d. 18 Sept. 1322), illegitimate son of Edward II of England
- Philip FitzRoy [[Philip of Cognac]] (d. 1220), illegitimate son of Richard I of England
- Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset (1519–1536), son of Henry VIII of England and Elizabeth Blount
- Nancy Deloye Fitzroy (b. October 5, 1927), American engineer and former president of the ASME.
- Trevor Fitzroy, a Marvel Comics and X-Men villain
- Daisy Fitzroy, leader of the Vox Populi in Bioshock Infinite
- Monte Fitz Roy, also known as Cerro Chaltén
- Fitz Roy, Santa Cruz, a town and municipality in southern Argentina.
- Fitzroy, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne
- Fitzroy, South Australia, a suburb of Adelaide
- Electoral district of Fitzroy (Queensland), an abolished state electorate in Queensland
- Electoral district of Fitzroy (Victoria), an abolished state electorate in Victoria
- Fitzroy County one of the Cadastral divisions of New South Wales
- Fitzroy Island National Park, Queensland
- Fitzroy Islands (Tasmania)
- Fitzroy River (Queensland), in Central Queensland
United States of America
- Admiral Fitzroy Inn, Newport, RI, USA
- HMS Fitzroy, more than one British ship of the Royal Navy
- Fitzroy Football Club, a current Australian rules football team, formerly competing in the national Australian Football League (AFL).
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.