From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fixation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fixation may refer to:
- Fixation (psychology), the state in which an individual becomes obsessed with an attachment to another human, an animal, or an inanimate object
- Fixation (visual) maintaining the gaze in a constant direction
- Fixation (alchemy), a process in the alchemical magnum opus
- Carbon fixation, a biochemical process, usually driven by photosynthesis, whereby carbon dioxide is converted into organic compounds
- Nitrogen fixation, a process by which nitrogen is converted from its inert molecular form to a compound more readily available and useful to living organisms
- Fixation (population genetics), the state when every individual in a population has the same allele at a particular locus
- Fixation (histology) in biochemistry, histology, cell biology and pathology, the technique of preserving a specimen for microscopic study
- Fixation agent, a process chemical
- [[Fixation ](performing arts)], a process of recording an act of a live performer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.