From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Fixed-point)
"Fixed point" has many meanings in science, most of them mathematical.
- Fixed point (mathematics)
- Fixed-point iteration, a general method to compute the fixed point of an iterated function.
- Fixed-point combinator
- For "Fixed-point join" in databases, see Recursive join
- Fixed-point arithmetic, a manner of doing arithmetic on computers
- Benchmark (surveying), fixed points used by geodesists
- For “fixed points” in physics, see Renormalization group
- Fixed points are necessary for a watercraft to be moored to a quay.
- Archimedes said δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω, which is sometimes translated as “Give me a fixed point and I will move the world.”
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.