Flag Day (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Flag day (disambiguation))
|Look up Flag Day or flag day in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Flag day may refer to:
- A Flag Day to fly a flag of a certain area or a day set aside to honor an event specifically involving a national flag
- Flag Day (Australia), celebrated 3 September
- Flag Day (United States), celebrated on June 14
- Flag Day (Argentina), the holiday dedicated to the Argentine flag and to the commemoration of its creator, Manuel Belgrano
- National Flag of Canada Day, observed annually on 15 February
- National Flag Day (Philippines), celebrated every 28th of May
- In the UK and Ireland, "Flag Day" refers to a day when a charity raises funds by collecting in the street and door-to-door, donors being given a small flag or badge to wear, showing that they have supported the charity.
- Flag Day (Hong Kong), a day when a charity raises funds by collecting in the street, donors are given a small adhesive flag to wear, showing that they have supported the charity. Such activities are coordinated and approved by the government's Social Welfare Department to stamp out bogus appeals and frauds.
- In India the term refers to a day when armed forces raise funds by collecting donations door-to-door nationally, as a sign of solidarity among the general public towards the welfare of the personnel, and in return distributing token flags.
- Flag day (software), a jargon term used in discussing computer systems to denote a change which will require a complete restart or conversion of a sizable body of software or data. It also refers to a telephone system change; specifically one of dialing patterns. The predominant one is where a country adds digits to the length of its phone numbers; requiring all users to adopt new dialing patterns.
- Flag Day (The Housemartins song), the first single released by The Housemartins
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.