Flagler College – Tallahassee Campus
|Motto||Golden Opportunities ... at an Affordable Cost|
|Type||Private, four-year, coeducational|
|Endowment||>$60 million (as of April 2011)|
|Chancellor||Dr. William L. Proctor|
|President||Dr. William T. Abare, Jr.|
|Location||Tallahassee, Florida, USA|
|Website||Flagler College - Tallahassee Program|
Flagler College – Tallahassee located in Tallahassee, Florida on the campus of Tallahassee Community College and is a branch of Flagler College located in St. Augustine. Flagler an independent, non-sectarian, liberal arts school offering Bachelor of Arts degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Elementary Education, and Exceptional Student Education.
Founded in 1968, Flagler College was established as a memorial to Henry M. Flagler. Flagler College-Tallahassee campus opened its door to students in the fall of 2000. The program has grown to over 450 students and boast over 1,000 graduates to date.
Admission is open to students who have earned an Associate of Arts degree, an Associate of Science degree and the additional general education requirements, or have completed 60 transferable college credits that meet the general education requirements for the chosen program.
Tuition is $200 per credit hour and many students qualify for some form of financial assistance. Sources of assistance include the Pell Grant, Stafford Loans, the Florida Minority Teacher Scholarship awards offered under the Florida Bright Futures Program and the Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG).
- Business Administration
- Elementary Education
- Elementary Education/Exceptional Student Education with ESOL Endorsement
- U.S. News and World Report's list of regional liberal arts colleges that offer the "best value"—quality education at a reasonable cost.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked Flagler in the top tier of private Southern Liberal Arts Colleges in the magazine's guide, America's Best Colleges 2005. This is the eleventh consecutive year the College was ranked high for providing a quality education. The guide, published each fall, ranks institutions of higher education for quality and for value. "Because the best values are by definition at the better colleges and universities, only a proportion of all institutions were considered," according to editors at U.S. News. Among regional institutions such as Flagler, only the top 25 percent of rankings for quality—at any cost—were considered for the "Most Efficient" ranking.
- Time magazine has also listed Flagler College in its "Best College For You" guide.
- Kaplan/Newsweek identified Flagler as a "Hidden Treasure".
- Flagler is one of the most affordable private schools in the nation at about half the average annual cost.
- Princeton Review has listed Flagler on its list of “Best Value College” and “Best in the Southeast”.
- "Flagler College Spring 2011 Commencement Program". St. Augustine, Florida: Flagler College. 23 April 2011. p. 4. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Flagler College, St. Augustine, Florida