Flagstaff Pulliam Airport
|Flagstaff Pulliam Airport|
|IATA: FLG – ICAO: KFLG – FAA LID: FLG|
|Owner||City of Flagstaff|
|Elevation AMSL||7,014 ft / 2,138 m|
Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (IATA: FLG, ICAO: KFLG, FAA LID: FLG) is five miles south of Flagstaff, in Coconino County, Arizona. The airport is serviced by one airline, US Airways Express, and is also used for general aviation. Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 51,765 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 66,627 in 2009 and 62,109 in 2010. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 called it a "primary commercial service" airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year).
In the year ending April 30, 2011 the airport had 33,207 aircraft operations, average 90 per day: 70% general aviation, 26% air taxi, 3% military, and 1% airline. 135 aircraft were then based at the airport: 85% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, 3% helicopter, and 2% ultralight.
Presidential candidate and U.S. Senator John McCain's Boeing 737 campaign aircraft visited Flagstaff prior to the 2008 election.
Airlines and destinations
Scheduled passenger flights:
|US Airways Express||Phoenix|
Historically, Flagstaff was served by the original Frontier Airlines (1950-1986) until 1979 with Convair 580 turboprops to Phoenix as well as direct, no change of plane CV-580 service to Denver via Gallup, NM, Farmington, NM and Durango, CO.
More recently, Horizon Air, a subsidiary of the Alaska Air Group (which also operates Alaska Airlines), operated Bombardier Q400 flights to Los Angeles before ceasing all service into Flagstaff. The 78-seat Q400 is largest and fastest member of the DHC-8 Dash 8 family of aircraft.
American Eagle served the airport on behalf of American Airlines at one point with Saab 340 turboprops to Phoenix. Several commuter airlines also served Flagstaff in the past with flights primarily to Phoenix. These included Cochise Airlines, Desert Air Service, SkyWest Airlines (operating independently) and SunWest Airlines. These airlines operated commuter turboprop aircraft including Fairchild Swearingen Metroliners, Beechcraft C99s and de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otters. Piper Navajos were also used. SkyWest then began operating as the Delta Connection for Delta Air Lines flying the Metroliner between Flagstaff and Phoenix.
America West Airlines de Havilland Canada DHC-8 Dash 8 turboprops flew to the former America West hub in Phoenix before this airline was merged into US Airways. America West Boeing 737-200 jetliners appeared occasionally at the airport as a back up for their Dash 8 service. America West then turned this operation over to Mesa Airlines which flew Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia and Beechcraft 1900 turboprops as America West Express between Flagstaff and Phoenix.
SkyWest Airlines ("US Airways Express") currently operates the only scheduled passenger flights serving the airport with Canadair CRJ-200 regional jets to the US Airways hub in Phoenix. This regional jet service marks the first time that all flights serving Flagstaff have been operated with jet aircraft. US Airways is currently in the process of being merged with American Airlines.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FLG ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Flagstaff Pulliam Airport at City of Flagstaff web site
- Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG) at Arizona DOT airport directory
- Wiseman Aviation, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of October 1997 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective April 2, 2015
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Flagstaff Pulliam (FLG), effective April 2, 2015
- Resources for this airport: