Flame Tree Publishing
|Country of origin||UK|
|Publication types||Books, calendars, ebooks, gift stationery|
|Nonfiction topics||Art, Music, Recipes, Lifestyle|
|Fiction genres||Science fiction ebooks|
|Imprints||Flame Tree 451 (F & SF ebooks)
Flame Tree iGuides (ebook non-fiction)
Flame Tree Publishing is an independent publisher of illustrated books, calendars and other stationery items, based in Fulham, London, United Kingdom. Flame Tree creates content in the form of paper printed encyclopedias, guides and practical books and publishes them in different book, gift, stationery and digital markets. It has a number of license arrangements with museums, galleries and other licensors, including Tate, V&A  and The Royal Academy of Arts. The Publisher has recently started making ebooks and is launching a new fantasy, crime and science fiction ebook imprint called Flame Tree 451.
Flame Tree was established in 1992 as a part-time illustrated art book packaging operation by primary owner Nick Wells. In 1995 Wells left HarperCollins Publishers to turn Flame Tree into a full-time business, operating from an office in Chiswick. The company name was changed to The Foundry Creative Media Company Ltd but Flame Tree Publishing was retained as the publishing imprint and brand. Managing Director Frances Bodiam joined in 1996. Wells and Bodiam continue to run the business. In 2012 The company name changed to Flame Tree Publishing Ltd and John Holloran and Ross Clayton of Marston Book Services Ltd invested in the company to provide distribution and accounting services.
In the first few years Flame Tree's main activity was to create a range of packaged books for a series of corporate publishers, including HarperCollins (25 of the original colour reference Collins Gems and two illustrated encyclopedias ), Dorling Kindersley (including 16 K.I.S.S. Guides, such as Astrology ) and 24 of the then Letts Education's Success Guides to KS3, and GCSE 
During this period Flame Tree started to create and sell calendars and greeting cards to retail markets and have exhibited at the Spring Fair and Autumn International Gift Shows  at the NEC since 1997.
In 1998, Flame Tree moved into its current premises on the borders of Hammersmith and Fulham, close to The River Café (London) and, at that time, a few minutes walk from several other publishers, Virgin Books, HarperCollins and Constable & Robinson. Flame Tree started publishing into the UK and international markets, focusing on art, music, cookery and general reference. Among its first books were Guitar Facts, An Illustrated Guide (ISBN 9781904041726) and Simple Cookery: Wok and Stir Fry (ISBN 9781903817049) both of which demonstrate Flame Tree's method of creating practical content for everyday use. Step-by-step photos continue to be a feature of many of their publications.
Flame Tree is a member of the Independent Publishers Guild (IPG) and The Greeting Card Association (GCE).
- World Art: The Definitive Illustrated Guide (ISBN 9781844515646). Foreword by Mike O'Mahony.
- Animation Art Author Jerry Beck. Forewords by Jeffrey Katzenberg and Bill Plympton.
- Dragon Art (ISBN 9781847863003). Author Graeme Aymer. Foreword by John Howe.
- Art Deco: The Golden Age of Graphic Art and Design (ISBN 9781847862792). Author: Michael Robinson.
- William Morris: Artist, Craftsman, Pioneer (ISBN 9781847867131). Author: N.M. Wells and R. Ormiston.
- British History, An Illustrated Guide. Editor: Professor Eric J. Evans.
- Kings, Queens, Chiefs & Rulers. Editor: Professor David Loades.
- For the Love of Cupcakes (ISBN 9781847869777). Author: Ann Nicol.
- The Definitive Encyclopedia of Rock (ISBN 9781844515219). Foreword by Scotty Moore.
- Guitar Chords (ISBN 9781844513925). Edited by Jake Jackson.
- Guitar Heroes (ISBN 9781847862181). Foreword by Brian May.
- Led Zeppelin Revealed (ISBN 9781844517336). Author: Jason Draper. Foreword by Paul du Noyer.
- Classical Music Encyclopedia. (ISBN 9781904041719). Edited by Stanley Sadie, Foreword by Vladimir Ashkenazy.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Music. (ISBN 9781904041702). Foreword by Sir George Martin.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Opera. (ISBN 9781844510269). Edited by Stanley Sadie, Foreword by Philip Langridge.
- The Definitive Guitar Handbook. (ISBN 9781847863911). Foreword by Paco Peña.
Notable calendar ranges
- Erté (Romain de Tirtoff)
- Alphonse Mucha
- Louis Comfort Tiffany
- Gustav Klimt
- Tate calendars and diaries.
- V&A calendars and diaries.
- The British Museum calendars and diaries.
- Interpreting Dreams (ISBN 9781907562419). Author: Adam Fronteras. General Editor: Rashid Ahmad.
- The Songwriters Rhyming Dictionary (ISBN 9781907562143). Author: Jake Jackson.
- World War II (ISBN 9781907562396). Authors: Jon and Diane Sutherland. Introduction: Paul Cornish.