FlandersBio is a non-profit organization which represents the cluster of Flemish life sciences in Belgium. The members of FlandersBio are organizations involved with Research and Development, and production in life sciences, or organizations and companies servicing Flemish life sciences. Its mission is to be a driving force for the sustained growth of the knowledge-based bio-economy in Flanders. Johan Cardoen, who succeeded Staf Van Reet, is Chairman of FlandersBio. Ann Van Gysel is General Manager and Secretary to the Board since 1 June 2008 and she was preceded by Els Vanheusden.
FlandersBio has created BioScope-IT as a Bioinformatics Service Project in order to lower the threshold for Flemish biotech companies for applying bioinformatics.
- Bayer CropScience
- Galapagos Genomics
- Janssen Pharmaceutica
- Belgian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB)
- Flanders Investment and Trade
- Flemish institute for technological research (VITO)
- Institute for the promotion of Innovation by Science and Technology (IWT)
- Participatiemaatschappij Vlaanderen
- Science and technology in Flanders
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|