Flannigan Township, Hamilton County, Illinois
Location in Hamilton County
Hamilton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 3, 1885|
|• Total||18.41 sq mi (47.7 km2)|
|• Land||18.38 sq mi (47.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.22%|
|Elevation||551 ft (168 m)|
|• Density||6.3/sq mi (2.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62859, 62860, 62890|
|GNIS feature ID||0429004|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.33 square miles (94.1 km2), of which 36.17 square miles (93.7 km2) (or 99.56%) is land and 0.16 square miles (0.41 km2) (or 0.44%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Cartwright, Knights Prairie and Lampley.
- Hamilton County Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois's 19th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Flannigan Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Hamilton County Historical Society
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois
||Northern Township, Franklin County||Knights Prairie Township||McLeansboro Township|
|Eastern Township, Franklin County||Twigg Township|
|Cave Township, Franklin County||South Flannigan Township||South Twigg Township|