Adobe Flash Builder
Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 running under Windows 7
|Stable release||4.7 / 7 December 2012|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X|
|Type||Integrated development environment|
|License||Proprietary commercial software|
Adobe Flash Builder (previously known as Adobe Flex Builder) is an integrated development environment (IDE) built on the Eclipse platform that speeds development of rich Internet applications (RIAs) and cross-platform desktop applications, particularly for the Adobe Flash platform. Adobe Flash Builder 4 is available in two editions: Standard and Premium.
Adobe Flash Builder offers built-in code editors for MXML and ActionScript and a WYSIWYG editor for modifying MXML applications. Adobe Flash Builder includes an interactive debugger, allowing developers to step through code execution while inspecting variables and watching expressions. Flex Builder 3 added support for performance analysis. The profiling view displays statistical information about memory use in addition to function call execution time.
Prior to version 4, this product was known as Flex Builder. The name change is meant to signify its connection to other products in the Adobe Flash Platform and to create a clear distinction between the open source free Flex SDK and the IDE.
- "Adobe Flash Builder Free Trial". 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- Daugherty, Eric (19 March 2010). "Getting Started With Adobe Flash Builder 4". DZone Refcardz. DZone, Inc. Retrieved 13 January 2010.
- "Adobe to unify ColdFusion, Flex, Flash with Flash Builder 4". Ars Technica. March 2010. Archived from the original on 25 March 2010. Retrieved 22 March 2010.
- Brimelow, Lee (15 May 2009). "A much needed name change". The Flash Blog. Adobe Systems. Archived from the original on 19 May 2009. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- "Adobe Flash Builder 4 at Adobe Labs". Adobe Labs. Adobe Systems. Archived from the original on 6 June 2009. Retrieved 18 July 2009.
- Official website
- Adobe's Flash Forum
- FlexFlashForum.com - Flash Forum
- Actionscript.org - Community Resource / Tutorials
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Mac OS and/or OS X software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|