|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (May 2013)|
|Initial release||28 January 2004|
|Stable release||1.5.17 (for Firefox 4.0 to 22+) 1.3.20 (Seamonkey and other browsers) / 23 March 2013|
|Available in||34 languages|
|License||MPL1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1 |
|Origins and lineage|
Flashblock allows users to prevent page elements, such as HTML object tag browser plug-ins and advertisements, from being displayed. Flashblock does neither stop the download of Flash content nor does it prevent its execution completely.
The extension uses XBL and CSS to prevent elements of Silverlight, Macromedia Authorware, Adobe Director and Adobe Flash from being displayed. Flashblock does not prevent the elements from being downloaded.
Flashblock provides a mechanism that allows users to display the blocked elements by clicking on them, or by whitelisting.
Flashblock seems to be abandoned and is blocked by Firefox 34 as not compatible.
- Flashblock version history on flashblock.mozdev.org.
- Flashblock licence terms on flashblock.mozdev.org.
- CVS log for flashblock/source/content/flashblock/flashblock.css
- Does Flashblock block flash "cookies", swf trackers or LSOs?, Flashblock Mozdev
- XBL for User Style Sheets
|This Web software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|