From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up flat in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Flat commonly refers to:
- Flatness, which describes an object or condition that is very smooth or level.
Flat or flats may also refer to:
- Flat, Alaska, United States
- Flat, Kentucky
- Flat, Missouri, United States
- Flats, Nebraska
- Flat, Puy-de-Dôme, a commune in région Auvergne, France
- Flat, Texas, United States
- Flat Brook, tributary of the Delaware River in Sussex County, New Jersey
- Flat Island or Flat Islands, the name of several islands
- Flat River (North Carolina), a river in Southern Person County, North Carolina
- Flats, West Virginia, an unincorporated community in Hardy County, West Virginia, USA
- Flat (landform), relative level area within a region of greater relief (clearing, glade, playa).
- Mudflat, coastal wetlands formed by mud
- Salt flat (disambiguation)
- Flat (music), a symbol (♭) which denotes a lower pitch
- Flats (comics), the first stage in the comic coloring process
- Flats (theatre), flat pieces of theatrical scenery
- Flats (band), English band
- Flat!, a 2010 Indian film
- In Great Britain, Ireland and Australia, as well as in other Commonwealth countries, a "flat" is an apartment.
- In New Zealand, it can mean an apartment, especially when applied to public housing, but it more usually means a house of any type shared between unrelated adults, in a flatmate arrangement.
- Flats, footwear which is not high-heeled
- Racing flats, lightweight shoes used primarily for running a race
- Ballet slippers are often referred to as 'flats' or 'flat shoes', as opposed to the Pointe shoes more advanced female dancers wear
Mathematics and geometry
- Flat (geometry), the generalization of lines and planes in an n-dimensional Euclidean space
- Flat (matroids), a further generalization of flats from linear algebra to the context of matroids
- For use of flat sign in mathematics, see musical isomorphism - mapping vectors to covectors
- Flat morphism in algebraic geometry
- Flat module in abstract algebra
- Flat, a deflated pneumatic tire
- Flat car, an open container on wheels designed to carry heavy loads
- Flat spot, a fault in the shape of a railroad wheel
- Flat wagon, a railway goods wagon with a flat deck for transporting e.g. vehicles
- A flatboat
- Flat (soldier), a two-dimensional toy soldier made of tin or plastic
- Flat (football), the area of the gridiron football field
- Flat, a leading type of wordplay predating the invention of crosswords, as identified by the National Puzzlers' League
- Flats or flat butterflies, certain skipper butterfly genera in subfamily Pyrginae:
- Flats (USPS), an oversized letter
- Optical flat, an extremely flat piece of glass
- Forest Lake Area Trail System
- All pages beginning with "Flat"
- All pages with titles containing "Flat"
- The Flat (disambiguation)
- The Flats
- Flatten (disambiguation)
- Planar (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Flat.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.