||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (September 2011)|
|Labels||Sweat Shop Records|
|Members||Daniel Devine, Craig E. Pierce, Paul Angeles, Samir Eskanda|
|Past members||Luke Tristram|
Flats are a four piece band from London. They have their own imprint, Sweat Shop Records, on the label One Little Indian Records. They are currently on a hiatus due to their lead singer Daniel Devine (son of a Creation Records founder/The Libertines manager Alan McGee) serving a drug addiction sentence / rehabilitation at Pentonville Prison, London.
Flats formed in February 2010, and are made up of Craig E. Pierce (Bass), Daniel Devine (Vocals), Paul Angeles (Guitar) and Samir Eskanda (Drums). Their original guitarist Luke Tristram was replaced by Angeles in April 2011. They made their live debut in March 2010. Flats have stated that their influences include Crass, Chron Gen, Anthrax and Hellhammer
They released two EPs on 7" vinyl in 2010; Flats EP (co-produced by Klaxons' Jamie Reynolds), and Flats EP2 through their own label Sweat Shop Records in conjunction with Loog. Their single "Never Again" was released through Sweat Shop Records and One Little Indian in March 2011 on 7" and download.
Flats have become renowned for their live shows that often clock in at less than 15 minutes. In 2010 they supported The Horrors, Klaxons and played at the 1234 festival and Offset Festival, as well as being the opening band on that year's NME Radar tour with The Joy Formidable and Chapel Club. In 2011 they were Morrissey's main support band for the UK leg of his European tour, as well as supporting the US sludge metal band Eyehategod and performing at Sonisphere festival at Knebworth House.
- Flats EP (2010) - Sweat Shop Records
- Flats EP2 (2010) - Sweat Shop Records
- "Never Again" (2011) - Sweat Shop Records
- "Better Living" (2012) - Sweat Shop Records/One Little Indian
- "Features | Escape Velocity | Never Lose The Aggression: Flats Interviewed". The Quietus. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Flats ditched guitarist and recruited underground hardcore musician Angeles for debut album | News". Nme.Com. 2011-04-30. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- Un (2011-02-14). "FLATS | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Radar Band Of The Week – No. 16: Flats - Radar Band of the Week - NME.COM - The world's fastest music news service, music videos, interviews, photos and more". Nme.Com. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Flats – Never Again (Sweat Shop/Little Indian)". Southsonic.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Flats and Wilder to join Joy Formidable and Chapel Club on Emerge NME Radar Tour | News". Nme.Com. 2010-08-24. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Morrissey UK tour". Louder Than War. 2011-03-09. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- Frost Magazine review