Flawless (Go to the City)
|"Flawless (Go to the City)"|
|Single by George Michael vs. The Ones|
|from the album Patience|
|Released||June 28, 2004|
|Writer(s)||George Michael, Paul Alexander, Nashom Wooden, Gary Turnier, Eric Matthew, Olivier Stumm|
|George Michael vs. The Ones singles chronology|
"Flawless (Go to the City)" is a song co-written and performed by British singer-songwriter George Michael and released by Sony BMG on 28 June 2004. It samples "Flawless", originally recorded by the electronic music band The Ones and "Keep On Dancin'" (1978), originally recorded by Gary's Gang. The song was taken from Michael's album Patience.
The video begins with a man alone in his hotel room, shortly after having a shower. As the occupant freshens up and dresses himself, and as the song builds up to its main dance beat, several people of various ethnic groups also enter the room. The dancers begin to undress and re-dress themselves, all as if they have either just gotten out of the shower themselves, or come home from work. George Michael appears in the centre of the room, singing while seated on the bed. The camera zooms out to show the full hotel suite when the entire cast performs a brief, synchronized dance sequence. After this exchange, a hotel employee comes by the door with room service as the occupant is still dressing himself. The employee dances briefly as the occupant turns away to grab a pen to sign for the meal. As the song fades out, the dancers vacate when the occupant sits down to dinner in front of the television, with George Michael turning out the lights and leaving the room last.
As there is no interaction between the occupant, George Michael and any of the other dancers, it can be speculated that they were all in his imagination, and that the only true interaction is between the man and the hotel employee.
The entire video was done in one four-minute take.
Formats and track listings
UK CD single #1
- "Flawless (Go to the City)" (Radio Edit) – 4:50
- "Please Send Me Someone (Anselmo's Song)" (Alternative Version Edit) – 5:02
UK CD single #2
- "Flawless (Go to the City)" (Album Version) – 6:51
- "Flawless (Go to the City)" (Jack 'N' Rory Vocal Mix) – 6:44
- "Flawless (Go to the City)" (Shapeshifters Remix) – 7:06
- "Flawless (Go to the City)" (Boxer Mix) – 5:56
- "Flawless (Go to the City)" (The Sharp Boys Hot Fridge Vocal Mix) – 8:03
Chart procession and succession
"Push" by Ghostface Killah featuring Missy Elliott
|Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs number-one single
11 September 2004
"Time" by Murk
- George Michael - Flawless (Go to the City) (song). Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Canadian Top 50 Singles. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- European Hot 100 Singles. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Single-Chartverfolgung. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Single (track) Top 10 lista. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- The Irish Charts. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Listas de Afyve. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Top 75 Releases. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Flawless (Go to the City) - George Michael. Retrieved 2 May 2011.