|Key people||Peter Sierk (CEO)|
Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft was founded in 1872 by a group of five local shipowners who previously had all their steamboats built in England as most German shipowners did in the 19th century.
Since then Flensburger has delivered more than 700 units of different types of cargo steamers and motor vessels and has also built sailing ships, barges, floating dry docks, tankers, fishing vessels, passenger ships, naval ships and even submarines.
Ships built by Flensburger (selection)
- Doris Brodersen, first ship built, a tall ship delivered in 1875
- Septima, first steamer delivered 1876
- Deutschland and Bremen, two merchant submarines delivered 1916
- UND Adriyatik, a ro-ro ship delivered 2001 to U.N Ro-Ro İşletmeleri A.Ş, a Turkish-based shipping company.
- Three Coastal class ferries for BC Ferries, British Columbia, Canada.
- Northern Expedition for the BC Ferries route from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert
- Eight ConRo220 freight ferries for Cobelfret.
- Six RoRo3900 freight ferries for DFDS.
- Eight RoRo3750 freight ferries for Ulosoy Sealines.
- Two ConRo220 freight ferries for Bore Ltd/Rettig Group Ltd.
- Four RoRo2200 freight ferries for Seatruck Ferries.
- Three Oste class (Type 423) electronic surveillance ships for the German Navy.
- Two Elbe class (Type 404) replenishment ships for the German Navy.
- Two Berlin class (Type 702) replenishment ships for the German Navy.
- Four of six Point class ro-ro strategic transports for the UK Ministry of Defence.
A gallery of vessels built by Flensburger.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (FSG).|
- "How we were founded". www.fsg-ship.de. Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Management Buy-Out". www.fsg-ship.de. Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Remark: originally hull 738 but contracts to build other vessel came in so the Northern Expedition was squeezed into the building process
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|