April 25, 1962 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|No. of adult films||42|
Flex-Deon Blake (born April 25, 1962 in Miami, Florida) is the stage name of an African-American gay pornographic actor who has appeared in pornographic films, magazines, and on websites. He starred in several bareback productions, including the controversial film Niggas' Revenge. In 2004, he was inducted into the Grabby Awards “Wall of Fame.”
Early life and education
Blake joined the US Air Force after high school, serving for 13 years until he was honorably discharged in 1992. He then pursued a degree in piano at Florida A&M University, before finding employment as a correctional officer.
Gay pornographic career
According to the Internet Movie Database, between 1995 and 2005 Flex-Deon Blake appeared in 42 gay pornographic films. This list includes mainstream productions such as Bacchus’s Black Workout 10 as well as more controversial movies, such as SX Video’s Barebacking with Jeff Palmer, vol. 3, in which Blake co-starred with the well-known gay performer Jeff Palmer. In 2001, Blake appeared in Dick Wadd’s film Niggas' Revenge, which the Dick Wadd website describes as “a film so controversial that many stores won’t carry it.’’ Niggas' Revenge enacts the rape and sexual humiliation of a group of neo-Nazi skinheads by three African-American brothers whose rage the neo-Nazis provoked by their racist actions.
- As a subject of Gay Studies
The film Niggas' Revenge, and Flex-Deon Blake's role in it, have become the subject of academic discussion. In his book, Unlimited Intimacy: Reflections on the Subculture of Barebacking, Tim Dean, a professor at the University at Buffalo, treats Niggas' Revenge in detail because of the way in which it fetishizes the simultaneous transgression of a number of taboos, all in order, Dean argues, to “conjure the transgressive charge of unprotected anal sex among gay men.” The representation of interracial sex, rape, violence, and incest (between Chris Blake and Bobby Blake) is enhanced by what Dean calls Flex-Deon Blake’s “phallicized” appearance:
|“||[The African-American performers] are heavily pierced and tattooed, especially Flex-Deon Blake, who, in addition to pierced ears, eyebrow, nipples, and navel, sports a formidable Prince Albert through the head of his penis. The thick silver hoops that adorn his body are complemented by the chain-link harness that he dons for the sex scenes, along with black leather boots … ||”|
|This section is outdated. (January 2014)|
In his personal life, Flex-Deon Blake was the long-term partner of Bobby Blake, another well-known black gay pornographic actor. It was Bobby Blake who, by referring Flex-Deon to the producer Edward James, introduced his partner to the adult industry. Bobby Blake has told the story of their relationship in his book, My Life in Porn.
More recently, Flex-Deon Blake, in rediscovering his Christian roots, has founded the Dallas-based ministry “BrothasNDaSpirit.” The ministry’s website describes its purpose in these terms: “to help Gay, Straight, Bisexual, or Sexually Confused Christian men and women reconcile their spirituality with their sexual orientation.” 
- The vital stats reflect data published in Owen Keehnen, More Starz (Herndon, Va.: STARbooks Press, 2007), 90–2, at 91.
- See List of Grabby recipients.
- See the autobiographical account on his website, www.flexdeonblake.com.
- See Internet Movie Database.
- See SX Video website.
- Dick Wadd Fetish website.
- Tim Dean, Unlimited Intimacy: Reflections on the Subculture of Barebacking (Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press, 2009), 157.
- Tim Dean, Unlimited Intimacy: Reflections on the Subculture of Barebacking (Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press, 2009), 156.
- See Owen Keehnen, More Starz, 90–2, esp. 90.
- See Bobby Blake with John R. Gordon, My Life in Porn: The Bobby Blake Story (Philadelphia: Running Press, 2008).
- BrothasNDaSpirit website.
- Bobby Blake with John R. Gordon, My Life in Porn: The Bobby Blake Story (Philadelphia: Running Press, 2008), ISBN 978-0-7867-2096-5.
- Tim Dean, Unlimited Intimacy: Reflections on the Subculture of Barebacking (Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press, 2009), ISBN 978-0-226-13938-8 (hard cover), 978-0226-13939-5 (paper).
- Owen Keehnen, More Starz (Herndon, Va.: STARbooks Press, 2007), pp. 90–2, ISBN 978-1-934187-10-4.