Flint Southwestern Academy
In 1989 Flint Academy High School closed and the school merged with Southwestern to become Flint Southwestern Academy. During the first year of the merger, the graduating class could chose what school was listed on their diploma, either "Flint Academy", "Southwestern", or "Flint Southwestern Academy". The 2009 closing of Flint Central High School sent many ex-Flint Central High School students to Southwestern and led to the reopening of McKinley Middle School, which relieved potential overcrowding at Southwestern. Flint Southwestern Academy now serves grades 7-12.
- Charlie Bell, NBA player, member of Michigan State University 2000 National Championship team
- Terry Crews, actor and former NFL player
- Mark Ingram, Jr., 2009 Heisman Trophy winner, NFL player
- Rick Leach, former MLB player and University of Michigan quarterback
- Booker Moore, football standout at Penn State University, former NFL player
- Reggie Williams, football standout at Dartmouth College, former NFL player for Cincinnati Bengals
- "Secondary Schools." Flint Community Schools. Retrieved on February 11, 2009.