Flip performing at the Music Oz Awards 2013
|Born||Canberra, ACT, Australia|
|Genres||Music Theatre, Gospel, Pop, RNB, Soul|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-Songwriter, Film, Stage and Voice Actor|
|Associated acts||Miranda Sings, Sexy Sunday Jam, George Benson, Josh Groban, John Farnham, Delta Goodrem, Yoyoy Villame|
Flip Simmons is an Australian actor and musician.
Notably, he has performed with artists such as George Benson, Josh Groban, John Farnham, Delta Goodrem, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and the Rogue Traders, Christine Anu, Paulini, Sharon and Christine Muscat (Sister2Sister), Rob Guest, internet sensation Miranda Sings.
He is of English, Irish, Swedish, Spanish and Filipino heritage  and is known to sing in multiple languages and genres. He has supported artists such as Anthony Castelo, Hajji Alejandro, Hannah Villame and the late Yoyoy Villame, on their Australian tours.
Film & Television
Film and Television credits include; AFI Award winning Lantana, The ARIA Music Awards, The Helpmann Awards, Good Morning Australia, Midday, Mornings with Kerri-Anne and Celebrate! Christmas in the Capital, along with number of short films and music videos.
In New York in 2001 Flip had castings for the Broadway and American touring company’s of RENT for the roles of Angel and Mark, during which, his audition process was broadcast in a television special on the musical on America’s Fox Network.
Theatre work includes; extensive work with the Canberra Philharmonic, work with Opera Australia, touring Australia covering the role of Roger in Grease – The Arena Spectacular, and playing Nachum and Grandma Tzeitel next to the legendary Topol in the Australasian tour of Fiddler on the Roof.
In 2000 he was invited to join Mi Tierra – Australia's Leading Latin Band, as a singer, dancer and flute player. His work with Mi Tierra has taken him around the country playing the majority of Australia’s most prestigious festivals and concert events, also working as lyricist and concert choreographer.
He has also worked with dynamic performance group 'The Next Step' at their sold out shows 'Live at The Metro', their 'Do it on the dance floor' tour and at such festivals such as Splendour in the Grass.
Flip is one of the founding members of the Sydney musical collaboration Sexy Sunday Jam, a band formed of session musicians and performers from Australia who came to notoriety from a weekly, industry based, event on a Sunday night in Sydney  established in 2010.
- The Pelican (9 June 2009). "Pelican". St Edmund’s College Canberra. Retrieved 26 June 2009.
- "Flip Simmons Hats Off FB post". Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Tumblr 30 facts about me". Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Biography (9 June 2009). "Bio (Preview)". Web. Retrieved 26 June 2009.
- Theatre Review NZ (6 May 2007). "Fiddler On The Roof". Theatre Review NZ. Retrieved 2007.
- Clave Contra Clave (9 June 2011). "Leading Latin(Preview)". Clave Contra Clave. Retrieved 2011.
- "The Next Step". 'The Next Step' Online. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Splendour In The Grass". 'The Next Step' Splendour Documentary. 15 August 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Sexy Sunday Jam". Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Designer Monique Lhuillier". Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- Performance Videos