For other uses, see Flood tide (disambiguation).
Hardcover 1st Edition
|Cover artist||Paul Bacon|
|Series||Dirk Pitt Novels|
|Genre||Adventure, Techno-thriller novel|
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster|
|September 27, 1997|
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
|Pages||511 pp (Hardcover edition)|
|LC Class||PS3553.U75 F58 1997|
|Preceded by||Shock Wave|
|Followed by||Atlantis Found|
Flood Tide is an adventure novel by Clive Cussler. This is the 14th book featuring the author’s primary protagonist, Dirk Pitt. He must rescue illegal immigrants from a Chinese tycoon and locate the bones of the Peking Man, the famous lost example of Homo erectus. This book also introduces Juan Cabrillo and some of the Corporation of the future Oregon Files series of books.
Characters in "Flood Tide"
- Dirk Pitt – Special Projects Director for the National Underwater and Marine Agency (NUMA)
- Admiral James Sandecker – Chief Director of NUMA
- Al Giordino – Assistant Special Projects Director for NUMA.
- Rudi Gunn – Director of Logistics for NUMA.
- Julia Marie Lee - Undercover agent with the International Affairs Division of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. Born in San Francisco. Has dove-gray eyes, blue-black hair, and Asian features. Pitt saves her after being thrown into Orion Lake to die of drowning by Shang's henchmen.
- Qin Shang - The greedy, evil, Chinese shipping magnate who smuggles illegal Chinese immigrants into countries around the world; including the United States.
- In July 2005, Major Casey Scharven, a U.S. Air Force officer stationed in Iraq, got his picture taken while sitting on Saddam Hussein's throne and holding a copy of Flood Tide. 
- 1997, United States, Simon & Schuster ISBN 0-684-80298-8, 1997, Hardcover.
- 2002, United States, Pocket Books New ED Edition, ISBN 0-7434-4977-0, September 2, 2002, Paperback.
- 2003, United States, Pocket Books, ISBN 0-7434-6730-2, January 1, 2003, Paperback.
- 2010, United States, Pocket Star Books, ISBN 978-1-4391-4811-2, January 1, 2010 Paperback.
|This article about a thriller novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|