|Origin||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Genres||Stoner metal, sludge metal, doom metal, progressive metal|
|Years active||1992–1996, 1997, 2001–2004, 2010-2011, 2013-present|
|Labels||Season of Mist, No Idea, Bovine, Rhetoric, Noise Vacuum, Dirge, Robotic Empire|
|Associated acts||Torche, Cavity, Dove|
|Past members||Beatriz Monteavaro
From Miami, Floor was formed in 1992 by Steve Brooks (guitar), Anthony Vialon (guitar/bass), and Betty Monteavaro (drums). Jeff Sousa became the drummer in late 1993, and Brooks and Vialon changed their sound by implementing two uniquely low-tuned guitars, forgoing the need of a bassist. Material for full-length albums was recorded (Dove 1994, Saturnine and Tears 1995) but weren't released until after their eponymous album years later. During that time several vinyl-only 7" EPs were released until their first break in 1996. They reformed with a new line-up for one show in 1997 with Henry Wilson on drums and practiced only occasionally until 2001. This time they finally released their first full-length album, self-titled Floor, before splitting in 2003. Brooks went on to form the band Torche. Henry Wilson went on to form the bands Dove and House of Lightning. Anthony Vialon, having also played several years with Miami outfit Cavity, focused on theology.
The band reformed in 2010 for a reunion tour to support the release of Below & Beyond, an 8-CD/10-LP box set encompassing their entire career.
In March 2013, Floor reunited again and announced its intention to tour and release a new album through Season of Mist. Vialon said that after the group's 2010 reunion tours, Floor had, "noticed that our fan base had grown exponentially and doing a new record, kind of picking up where we'd left off, was something we agreed we should focus on." Floor will release its fourth studio album Oblation on April 29, 2014.
- Below & Beyond (2010, Robotic Empire)
- Sight & Seen (2010, Chunklet)
- Madonna (1994, Bovine)
- "Loanin'" / "Fingerbender" (1994, Dirge)
- "Heather" / "When the Pigs Broke Free" (1995, Noise Vacuum)
- "Goddard" / "Slugthrower" (1995, Rhetoric)
- "The Ladder" (2013, Decibel)
- Floor / Tired from Now On (1994, No Idea)
- Floor / Spazz (1994, Bovine)
- Floor / Sloth (1995, self-released)
- Floor / Ed Matus' Struggle (1996, Space Cadette)
- Floor / Dove (2001, Berserker)
- Loud & Ugly Vol. 2 (contributed song "Iommi") (1995, Bovine)
- No Idea No.12 (contributed song "Who Are You") (1995, No Idea)
- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (contributed song "Dead Wrong") (1998, Insolito)
- Yancey, Bryne (March 26, 2013). "Floor sign to Season of Mist, plan new album + tour". Punknews.org. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "Floor Signs with Season of Mist". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. March 25, 2013. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- Adams, Gregory (January 22, 2014). "Floor Announce Return with 'Oblation' Album". Exclaim!. Retrieved January 23, 2014.