|Linking from code with a different license||Yes|
The text of Flora License Version 1.0 is similar to Apache License 2.0 without Apache's general patent license, having a patent license only for the "Tizen Certified Platform". Some of the differences include changed text in the Definitions, Grant of Patent License, and Redistribution sections. Paragraph 4 regarding the redistribution is comparable to standard BSD licenses:
4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof pursuant to the copyright license above, in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
1. You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
2. You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and
3. You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works;
Grant of Patent License
However its approach is very similar to the very successful licensing of the Java consortium, which denied Microsoft access to patents and trademarks when it attempted to "extend" and therefore corrupt the APIs defined for access to basic Java capabilities.
The Flora license was released in May 2012 as part of version 1.0 (Larkspur) of Tizen. It covers some user-facing applications such as boot animation, a calendar, music player, the task manager, and more.
- Webinos (October 2012). Open Governance white paper. Webinos. pp. 23–24. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Tizen 2.0 SDK comes in "Magnolia"". The H Open. 2013-02-19. Archived from the original on 9 June 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "License text for boot-animation". Retrieved 2012-12-03.
- "License text for calendar". Retrieved 2012-12-03.
- "License text for music-player". Retrieved 2012-12-03.
- "License text for task manager". Retrieved 2012-12-03.