The daughter of Irish-born Joseph Francis Olliffe (later Sir Joseph Olliffe) and the former Laura Cubitt, she was the second wife of 2nd Baronet Bell of Rounton Grange, and was styled Lady Florence Bell; the couple had three children:
- Hugh Lowthian Bell (21 October 1878 – 2 February 1926)
- Florence Elsa Bell (c. 1880 – 3 May 1971, married Admiral Sir Herbert Richmond)
- Mary Katherine Bell, OBE (c. 1882 - 8 October 1966, married Charles Philips Trevelyan)
Florence Bell was stepmother to her husband's children from his first marriage: British writer and spy Gertrude Bell (1868 – 1926) and Maurice (Sir Maurice Hugh Lowthian Bell, 3rd Baronet; 1871–1944).
- A Collection of Plays and Monologues for the Drawing Room
- At the Works: Study of a Manufacturing Town, Middlesbrough
- The Letters of Gertrude Bell, Volume 1
- The Letters of Gertrude Bell, Volume II
- French Without Tears: Book I
- French Without Tears: Book II
- French Without Tears: Book III
- Petit the a tre des enfants: twelve tiny french plays for children
- Angela V. John, Bell, Florence Eveleen Eleanore, Lady Bell (1851–1930), Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004; accessed 2 April 2013.
- Lady Bell bibliography, librarything.com; accessed 26 May 2014.