Florence Civic Center
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2013)|
|Location||3300 West Radio Drive
Florence, SC 29501
|Owner||City of Florence, County of Florence|
Concert (Center Stage): 9,736
Concert (End Stage): 7,000
|Broke ground||May 8, 1991|
|Opened||August 4, 1993|
|Construction cost||$22 million
($35.9 million in 2015 dollars)
|Architect||Odell Associates, Inc.|
|General contractor||M. B. Kahn Construction Co.|
|Pee Dee/Florence Pride (ECHL) (1997-2005)
Pee Dee Cyclones (SPHL) (2005-2007)
Florence Phantoms (AIFA) (2006-2009)
Florence Symphony Orchestra (1993-2011)
The Florence Civic Center is a 10,000-seat multipurpose arena in Florence, South Carolina. It hosted the infamous eighth WWF In Your House pay-per-view in 1996, during which a storm knocked out the power and thus the broadcast signal during the event. The card was retelecast two nights later from North Charleston, South Carolina at the North Charleston Coliseum. The building was also the home of the South Carolina Fire Ants of Major League Roller Hockey in 1998. The building was also once home to two Ice hockey teams, The Pee Dee/Florence Pride (1997-2005) and the Pee Dee Cyclones (2005-2007). The Florence Civic Center was also home to the Florence Phantoms AIFA indoor football team (2007-2009) and to the Florence Symphony Orchestra.
- Harrison, Brenda; Leach, Jennifer (2004). Florence. Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7385-1609-7.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Play". Odell Associates, Inc. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- "Featured Projects". M. B. Kahn Construction Co., Inc. Archived from the original on June 24, 1998. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- "History". Florence Civic Center. Retrieved August 20, 1993.