Lechner with St. Pauli in 2009.
|Full name||Florian Lechner|
|Date of birth||3 March 1981|
|Place of birth||Ellwangen, West Germany|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2001–2004||VfB Stuttgart II||66||(2)|
|2004–2011||FC St. Pauli||117||(2)|
|2012||New England Revolution||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 November 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Lechner began his career in the youth ranks of VfB Stuttgart. In 2001, he debuted for VfB Stuttgart II and was a regular starter for the clubs reserve side for three seasons. In 2004 he joined FC St. Pauli. Lechner made his professional debut in the 2. Bundesliga with St. Pauli on 8 February 2009 when he came on as a substitute in the 42nd minute against SpVgg Greuther Fürth. On 11 May 2011, FC St. Pauli announced that Lechner's expiring contract would not be renewed. While with St. Pauli he appeared in 117 league games and scored two goals. In 2011 he joined Karlsruher SC and made 12 league appearances for the club.
New England Revolution
For the 2012 season, Lechner signed for New England Revolution in Major League Soccer. He made his debut for the Revolution on 31 March 2012 in a league match against the Los Angeles Galaxy coming on as a substitute in the 46th minute for Kevin Alston. The Revolution went on to win 3–1.
Lechner was released by New England on 19 November 2012.
- "Lechner, Florian" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Der Abschied tut weh" [Parting hurts] (in German). FC St. Pauli. 11 May 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- ".Revs sign defender Florian Lechner". revolutionsoccer.net. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Revs 3, Galaxy 1" (in German). revolutionsoccer.net. 1 April 2012. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Revs waive four players". New England Revolution. 19 November 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
||This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a defender born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|