Florida National University
|Florida National University|
|Motto||Opens Doors to the Future|
|President||María Cristina Regueiro|
|Location||Hialeah, Florida, United States|
Florida National University, not to be confused with Florida International University, is a private university established as Florida International Institute in the city of Hialeah in Miami-Dade County in 1988. The student body is diverse, though primarily Hispanic. In 2012, the school became accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and changed its name to Florida National University.
FNU offers Associates, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Masters of Business Administration Degrees in addition to Career Education Diplomas and certificates in a variety of subject matters. Most classroom instruction is conducted in Spanish.
The school has two campus locations in Hialeah and one in Miami.
- Hialeah at W Jose Regueiro (20th) AVE Hialeah, FL 33012
- South Campus on SW 26th St Miami, FL 33175
- The Training Center on 12 Ave in Hialeah, FL 33012
In 2013 the school initiated an athletic program with the sport of Men's basketball with Scott Schmidt appointed as the head coach and Athletic Director. The school adopted the nickname Conquistadors and will compete in the USCAA. The Conquistadors basketball team played their first game against Edward Waters College in Jacksonville, FL on October 26, 2013, losing by a score of 98-51.
- "MISSION STATEMENT". Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- "Florida National University History". Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Accredited University Programs - Florida National University". Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Florida National College Data, Campus, Location, Stats". College Stats.org. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Top 100 Colleges and Universities Granting". Hispanicoutlook.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Florida National College-Main Campus - Hialeah, FL". Hackcollege.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Florida National University". USCAA. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "FNU Edward Waters Box". theuscaa.com. United States Collegiate Athletic Association. 26 October 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- Pollard, Jonathan (2013-05-28). "Florida Inernational University Sues Florida National University for Trademark Infringement, Unfair Competition « Florida Business Litigator Blog". Floridabusinesslitigator.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.