Florida State Road 5A
|Maintained by FDOT|
|Length:||15.613 mi (25.127 km)|
|South end:||US 1 in Port Orange|
| SR 400 in South Daytona
US 92 in Daytona Beach
|North end:||US 1 in Ormond Beach|
State Road 5A, also known as Nova Road, is a north south highway that begins and ends at U.S. Highway 1 (unsigned State Road 5), in Port Orange and Ormond Beach, respectively. It is noted that when 5A was built, it was used more as a bypass or beltway, but in recent years with growth reaching far beyond 5A, it sees more use as a major thoroughfare that passes through the heart of the region.
There have been several former SR 5A in existence:
- Flagler Avenue from First Street to South Roosevelt Drive (State Road A1A) in Key West - now County Road 5A
- Krome Avenue (now State Road 997) in Florida City and North Flagler Avenue (formerly U.S. Highway 1 Business) in Homestead - the BUS US 1 designation was removed in 1969.
- Portions of West Dixie Highway and Old Federal Highway from State Road 826 in North Miami Beach to US 1 in Dania Beach - designation removed in the late 1990s, although it is still recognized on the FDOT's official map of Broward County as County Road 5A. The Florida East Coast Railroad Main Line runs between the road from the Miami-Dade-Broward County Line to the vicinity of Southwest 13th Street in Dania Beach.
- State Road 5A was also a short connector between Federal Highway (US 1) and the former State Road A1A (Southeast Dixie Highway, now County Road A1A) in Stuart. The connector is now County Road 5A.
- State Road 5A(Old Dixie Highway) was another connector between Gifford and Wabasso, that ran along the FEC Main Line, that is now County Road 5A.
County Road 5A
County Road 5A (also known as Stuckway Road) is a 1-mile (1.6 km) spur route of State Road 5 (U.S. Route 1.) It is the northernmost Brevard County route, and also the shortest. From Interstate 95, it provides access to Oak Hill and Scottsmoor, the northernmost town in Brevard. However, at its eastern terminus, it isn't in the town limits of Scottsmoor. Geographicly, it bounded by Volusia County to the north, and Aurantia to the south. The western terminus is with an intersection with Interstate 95, although Stuckway Road continues west as a dirt road. The eastern terminus is with an intersection with U.S. Route 1/State Road 5 near Scottsmoor.
The entire route is in Volusia County.
|Port Orange||0.000||0.000||US 1 (South Ridgewood Avenue / SR 5)|
|2.521||4.057||SR 421 (Dunlawton Avenue)|
|South Daytona||6.127||9.860||SR 400 (Beville Road)|
|Daytona Beach||8.192||13.184||US 92 (West International Speedway Boulevard / SR 600)|
|9.411||15.146||SR 430 (Mason Avenue)|
|Ormond Beach||14.108||22.705||SR 40 (West Granada Boulevard) to I-95|
|15.613||25.127||US 1 (SR 5)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- FDOT straight line diagrams, accessed December 2013
- Media related to Florida State Road 5A at Wikimedia Commons