Florida State Road 60
|Maintained by FDOT|
|Length:||158.8 mi (255.6 km)|
|West end:||Mandalay Ave. / Gulfview Blvd. in Clearwater Beach|
| US 19 in Clearwater
I-275 in Tampa
US 41 in Tampa
US 301 in Riverview
I-75 in Brandon
US 17 / US 98 in Bartow
US 27 in Lake Wales
Florida's Turnpike / US 441 in Yeehaw Junction
I-95 near Vero Beach
US 1 in Vero Beach
|East end:||Ocean Drive in Vero Beach|
State Road 60 is an east–west route transversing Florida from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean. The western terminus of SR 60 is at the Sunsets at Pier 60 in Clearwater. The eastern terminus is in Vero Beach near the Atlantic Coast just past State Road A1A.
SR 60 is primarily a four lane divided highway from its western terminus through the town of Lake Wales to Polk County Highway 630 near Indian Lake Estates; from there it was a two-lane road until reaching Florida's Turnpike at Yeehaw Junction, but has recently become a four-lane highway as well. From there until its eastern terminus it is a divided highway.
In the Tampa Bay area it is the main route from Tampa to the Clearwater area beaches and from Tampa International Airport to northern Pinellas county. It also provides service from Tampa International Airport to the Suncoast Parkway. It is the main non-limited access route from downtown Tampa to Brandon, paralleling the Lee Roy Selmon Expressway.
As of 2005, SR 60 briefly divides into two, one-way streets in southern downtown Clearwater. This is a result of the recent realignment of the SR 60 corridor in the area, following the completion of the new Memorial Causeway.
Local street names for SR 60
From west to east:
- Causeway Boulevard from the intersection with Gulfview Boulevard and Mandalay Avenue on Clearwater Beach to causeway.
- Memorial Causeway on causeway between Clearwater Beach and mainland Clearwater.
- SR 60 divides into Court Street (one-way westbound) and Chestnut Street (one-way eastbound) between Bay Ave and Ewing Ave.
- Court Street from Ewing Ave to S Highland Ave.
- Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard from S Highland Avenue to Tampa Bay.
- Courtney Campbell Causeway over Tampa Bay to Eisenhower Boulevard in Tampa
- Eisenhower Boulevard until south entrance of Tampa International Airport. (Briefly co-signed with SR 589)
- Memorial Highway from airport entrance to junction I-275
- John F. Kennedy Boulevard from I-275 to Channelside Drive. (Cosigned with Business U.S. Highway 41 most of that section)
- Channelside Drive until junction Adamo Drive.
- Adamo Drive until junction with Interstate 75.
- Brandon Boulevard from I-75 until Mount Carmel Road.
- Simply signed SR 60 from there until reaching Mulberry city limits.
- Canal Street in Mulberry, resumes SR 60 signage east of Mulberry.
- West Main Street west of Bartow city limits.
- SR 60 divides into SR 60A (Bypass 60) and Business SR 60 at Baker Street in Bartow
- From east of Bartow through Lake Wales is simply called SR 60, although it is also called Hesperides Road especially in eastern Lake Wales and east of the city.
- Simply signed SR 60 until Interstate 95.
- 20th Street (one-way eastbound) and 20th Place (one-way westbound) in Vero Beach until State Road 603.
- Cosigned with SR 603 as Vero Isles Boulevard until Merrill P. Barber Bridge.
- Merrill P. Barber Bridge over the Indian River.
- Beachland Boulevard until eastern terminus.
Originally, SR 60 in Clearwater traveled west of Highland Avenue along Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard and Cleveland Street to the Memorial Causeway. When construction of the new Memorial Causeway began in 2001/2002, SR 60 was realigned along Court Street and Pierce Boulevard to the Causeway, with the original alignment downloaded to the city of Clearwater. Between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Pierce, SR 60 is split into two one-way streets—Court Street carrying westbound traffic, and Chestnut Street carrying eastbound traffic.
Prior to the realignment, Court Street east of Missouri Avenue was known as SR 651, while Court and Chestnut Streets west of Missouri was a locally maintained road signed as "Bypass 60".
|Pinellas||Clearwater Beach||0.00||Coronado Drive, Mandalay Ave, Poinsettia Ave||Western Terminus of SR 60|
|Clearwater Memorial Causeway over the Intracoastal Waterway|
US 19 Alt. (Ft. Harrison Ave) – Belleair
|6.36||US 19 – St. Petersburg, Tarpon Springs|
|Courtney Campbell Causeway over Old Tampa Bay|
|Hillsborough||Tampa||17.65||SR 589 north (Veterans Expressway)||Southern Terminus of SR 618; Begin freeway portion|
|18.60||SR 616 east / George J Bean Parkway – Tampa International Airport||Western Terminus of SR 616|
|19.40||I-275 to I-4 east – Ocala, St. Petersburg||Exit 39 (I-275); End freeway portion|
|21.07||US 92 (Dale Mabry Highway) / SR 685 - MacDill AFB|
US 41 Bus. south (Tampa Street)
|West end of US BUS 41 overlap|
|24.46||SR 618 (Lee Roy Selmon Expressway)|
|24.57||SR 45 (Meridian Ave.)|
US 41 Bus. north (22nd Street) / SR 585 north
|Southern Terminus of SR 585; East end of US 41 overlap|
|26.87||US 41 (50th Street) – Ruskin|
|Brandon||30.85||US 301 – Zephyrhills|
|32.50||I-75 – Naples, Ocala||Exit 257 (I-75)|
|45.27||SR 39 north / CR 39 south – Plant City||Southern Terminus of SR 39; Northern Terminus of CR 39|
|Polk||Mulberry||55.35||SR 37 (Church Ave) – Lakeland|
|Bartow||63.62||US 98 west / SR 700 south||Northern Terminus of SR 700; Southern Terminus of CR 700; West end of US 98 overlap|
|64.51||US 17 north – Winter Haven||West end of US 17 overlap|
|64.62||US 17 south / US 98 east – Bowling Green||East end of US 17/98 overlap|
|Lake Wales||79.23||US 27 – Haines City||Partial cloverleaf interchange with no exit numbers|
|Osceola||Yeehaw Junction||125.48||US 441 (Kenansville Hwy)|
|126.12||Florida's Turnpike – Orlando, Miami||Exit 193 (Turnpike)|
|Indian River||150.47||I-95 – West Palm Beach, Daytona Beach||Exit 147 (I-95)|
|Vero Beach||157.89||US 1 north – Palm Bay||West end of US 1 overlap|
|158.36||US 1 south – Fort Pierce||East end of US 1 overlap|
|Merrill P. Barber Bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway|
|Indian River Shores||161.22||SR A1A (Ocean Drive)||Eastern Terminus of SR 60; Roadway continues east as Beachland Blvd.|
State Road 60A
State Road 60A
State Road 60A served as a bypass for Bartow, Florida, until SR 60 was realigned to follow that route in 2006. It is briefly cosigned with US 98 during its route. It is mainly known as Van Fleet Drive.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Florida State Road 60.|