Florida State Road 838
|Maintained by FDOT|
|Length:||14.652 mi (23.580 km)|
|West end:||SR 869 in Sunrise|
| SR 817 in Plantation
Turnpike / SR 91 in Plantation
US 441 / SR 7 in Fort Lauderdale
I-95 / SR 9 Ft. Lauderdale
SR 845 in Fort Lauderdale
US 1 / SR 5 in Fort Lauderdale
|East end:||SR A1A in Fort Lauderdale|
Florida State Road 838, locally known as Sunrise Boulevard, is a 14.652 miles (23.580 km) long east–west highway serving central Broward County. The western terminus is at an intersection with the Sawgrass Expressway (SR 869) in Sunrise; the eastern terminus is at intersection with North Ocean Boulevard (SR A1A) in Fort Lauderdale, next to Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. For 0.91 miles (1.46 km) in downtown Fort Lauderdale, SR 838 overlaps U.S. Route 1.
Route description 
Sunrise Boulevard has its western terminus at the Sawgrass Expressway. On the northwest quadrant of its intersection with Flamingo Road is Sawgrass Mills, one of the nations largest malls. After it passes the mall, SR 838 passes through mainly residential areas until its intersection with University Drive. During this span, Sunrise Boulevard also has the hidden designation of Broward County Road 838 along with its state road designation.
About two miles down the road from University Drive intersection is Plantation High School, followed by interchanges with Florida's Turnpike and US 441 (SR 7), with the latter intersection at the border between Plantation and Lauderhill. Central Broward Regional Park and the Swap Shop border the road to the north after the interchange with US 441 as it enters the Dillard Park neighborhood of Fort Lauderdale. The interchange with I-95 soon follows.
After it's intersection with Powerline Road, SR 838 becomes concurrent with US 1 for about a mile. After it passes by The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale east of the second intersection with Federal Highway, it crosses over the Intracoastal Waterway and from here to its eastern terminus, SR 838 forms the southern border of Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, and the road ends at SR A1A.
Major intersections 
The entire route is in Broward County.
|Sunrise||0.000||0.000||SR 869 (Sawgrass Expressway)||Western terminus; Exit 1 (Sawgrass Expressway)|
|1.800||2.897||CR 823 (Flamingo Road)||To SR 823|
|Plantation||5.300||8.530||SR 817 (University Drive)||Eastern terminus of CR 838|
|8.325||13.398||Turnpike / SR 91||Exit 58 (Turnpike)|
|US 441 / SR 7||Interchange|
|I-95 / SR 9||Exit 29 (I-95)|
|12.350||19.875||SR 845 (Powerline Road)|
|12.553||20.202||US 1 / SR 5 south (North Federal Highway)||Western end of US 1 concurrency|
|13.461||21.663||US 1 / SR 5 north (North Federal Highway)||Eastern end of US 1 concurrency|
|14.652||23.580||SR A1A (North Ocean Boulevard)||Eastern terminus|
- Florida Department of Transportation (22 December 2011). Straight Line Diagram of Road Inventory (SR 838) (Map). p. 1 of 2. http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/straight-linesonline/ViewDocument.aspx/Open/38897. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Florida Department of Transportation (22 December 2011). Straight Line Diagram of Road Inventory (SR 838) (Map). p. 2 of 2. http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/straight-linesonline/ViewDocument.aspx/Open/39873. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Florida Department of Transportation (21 December 2011). Straight Line Diagram of Road Inventory (SR 838) (Map). http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/straight-linesonline/ViewDocument.aspx/Open/36585. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – Florida 838 (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=florida+838&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Florida Department of Transportation (27 December 2011). Straight Line Diagram of Road Inventory (US 1) (Map). p. 1 of 4. http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/straight-linesonline/ViewDocument.aspx/Open/38580. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Florida Department of Transportation (2008). General Highway map of Broward County, Florida (Map). http://www.dot.state.fl.us/surveyingandmapping/geomap/brow_c.pdf. Retrieved 7 February 2013.