Florida Township, Parke County, Indiana
Location in Parke County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||48.47 sq mi (125.5 km2)|
|• Land||48.17 sq mi (124.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2) 0.62%|
|Elevation||610 ft (186 m)|
|• Density||49.4/sq mi (19.1/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47862, 47872, 47874|
|GNIS feature ID||0453297|
Florida Township was established in 1821, the same year the county was created, though it was first settled circa 1816. It was named after a township in the state of New York, from which pioneer David Loree had emigrated.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 48.47 square miles (125.5 km2), of which 48.17 square miles (124.8 km2) (or 99.38%) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (or 0.62%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Adams, Bound, Mount Pleasant, Orlea and Rukes.
Airports and landing strips
- Heaton Private Airport
- Southwest Parke Community School Corporation
- State House District 42
- State Senate District 38
- "Florida Township, Parke County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Bowen 1913, pp. 175–180.
- History of Parke and Vermillion Counties Indiana. Indianapolis: B. F. Bowen and Company. 1913. pp. 25–225. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Florida Township
||Helt Township, Vermillion County||Wabash Township||Adams Township|
|Clinton Township, Vermillion County||Raccoon Township|
|Fayette Township, Vigo County
Otter Creek Township, Vigo County
|Nevins Township, Vigo County|