February 2014 cover of Florida Trend
|Owner(s)||Times Publishing Company|
|Headquarters||490 First Avenue South
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701, United States
|Circulation||54,268 (June 2013)|
Florida Trend is a monthly magazine covering Florida business, industry, education, and leisure. Andrew Corty is the magazine's publisher.
Florida Trend is read by business executives, government officials, and civic leaders. It has an audited circulation of approximately 54,268  copies each month with readership of approximately 250,000. Articles include Florida business developments, biographical profiles, industry reports, and a news round-up titled "Around the State". There is also coverage of Florida restaurants, resorts, professions, the environment and politics.
Founded in 1958, Florida Trend was the nation's first regional business magazine. Subscribers are 85% executives, managers, owners, and professionals. They average reader is age 58, has an income of $268,000, and a net household worth of $2.26 million. Florida Trend is a member of BPA Worldwide, Magazine Publishers Association, Alliance of Area Business Publications, which prominent members include Crain Communications Inc. and Casiano Communications, and Florida Magazine Association.
In addition to the 12 monthly issues of Florida Trend, specialty annuals such as Business Florida, for the state's economic development interests; Florida Small Business, to help individuals start and grow companies; Research Florida, on the innovation at universities and technology companies; Legal Elite, highlighting the top attorneys in Florida; Career Connections; and Florida NEXT, magazine providing education and career guidance to high school students are also published.
Florida Trend offers statewide rankings and statistical information. Every December the magazine reviews and rates top dining spots in Florida. Florida Trend awards the best with a "Golden Spoon." The annual "Economic Yearbook" offers insights into Florida's population by age, income, projected population and more. The Florida Trend 350, which publishes in June, ranks Florida's top public and private companies by revenue. There is also an annual list of "Florida's Best Companies To Work For"—featuring "Best Companies" ranked by the results of a voluntary, anonymous survey administered to employees of small, medium and large companies in Florida.
Florida Trend has won numerous national and regional awards including the Gerald Loeb award and the Society for Professional Journalists' Green Eyeshade awards for investigative reporting and commentary. In 2011, Florida Trend won two Green Eyeshade awards — first place for general news reporting for "Medical Makeover" and second place for investigative reporting about Florida's role in international adoptions. The Alliance of Area Business Publications (AABP) has honored Florida Trend several times. Florida Trend received eight AABP Editorial Excellence awards in 2011, nine in 2012, ten awards in 2013 and seven awards in 2014. In 2014, the AABP national competition included 659 entries from 43 publications.
Operations and headquarters
Trend is based in St. Petersburg, Florida and has additional news and advertising offices in other cities around Florida. Trend is owned by the Times Publishing Company, which is also the parent of the Tampa Bay Times, Florida's largest newspaper. The Times is in turn owned by the Poynter Institute, a school for journalists founded by Nelson Poynter.
- "Florida Trend Business Publication Circulation Statement". BPA Worldwide. June 2013. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "BPA Audit Statement, June 2013". Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Florida Trend Wins Gold Award in 2010 for Best Magazine - From the Area Alliance of Business Publications (AABP)" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Readex Research Demographic Study of Florida Trend, 2013" (PDF). Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "BusinessFlorida.com". BusinessFlorida.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "FloridaSmallBusiness.com". FloridaSmallBusiness.com. 2013-03-04. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Research Florida". ResearchFlorida.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Florida's Legal Elite". FloridaLegalElite.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Florida Trend's NEXT Career Connections". FloridaCareerConnections.com. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Florida Trend's NEXT". FloridaNEXT.com. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Awards". Floridatrend.com. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Florida Trend's Economic Yearbook 2013". Floridatrend.com. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Florida's Best Companies to Work For". Floridatrend.com. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Society of Professional Journalist's Green Eyeshade Awards". Spj.org. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Florida Trend Awards, June 2011". Floridatrend.com. 2011-06-28. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Florida Trend Awards, June 2012". Floridatrend.com. 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- "Florida Trend Awards, June 2013". Floridatrend.com. 2013-06-25. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- "Florida Trend Awards, June 2014". Floridatrend.com. 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2014-07-01.